Grand Canyon Gets New Zip Line Experience
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Adrenaline junkies and thrill-seekers, rejoice. America’s (unofficial) pilgrimage just got a new experience: a zip line 1,000 feet above the Grand Canyon. The zip line opened in the West Rim of the Grand Canyon, where the already infamous Skywalk dangles thousands of feet in the air. Between straddling glass floors and strapping into a harness with only the atmosphere between guests and the ground, the West Rim of the Grand Canyon is turning into a hot spot for adrenaline seekers.
The zip line at Grand Canyon West, which opened January 2, 2018, is made up of two “quad” zip lines where each is attached to large metal structures on either side. Each zip line has four steel cables running parallel to each other so that groups of up to four can ride together. The first of the two measures about 1,100 in length while the second one, which is sloped at a steeper gradient, is about 2,100 feet long; they both reach speeds of up to 50 mph. When riding, visitors enjoy views of the nearby Quartermaster Canyon are unobstructed and unlike any found from the ground; the river and rocks below can be experienced unlike anywhere else in the National Park.
“We’re taking the West Rim to a new level of excitement,” Candida Hunter, chairwoman of the Grand Canyon Resort Corporation board of directors, said in a statement. “The zip line at Grand Canyon West gives our guests a unique adrenaline surge that will be one of the longest and most exciting zip lines found anywhere in the world.”
Visitors to the Grand Canyon number over 6 million every year and it’s estimated that the zip line at Grand Canyon West will accommodate an estimated 350,000 visitors annually. Ticket prices are $89 per person, which gives guests access to the zip line as well as the park; there’s an additional cost for those who want to walk on the Skywalk. The zip line will be open Tuesday through Friday from 9am to 4pm.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees