American Airlines Announces New Shuttle Service Between Chicago and New York
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines’ recent route expansions have focused on international flights — including new upcoming service from Philadelphia (PHL) to Budapest (BUD) and Prague (PRG), from Chicago (ORD) to Venice (VCE) and from Dallas (DFW) to Reykjavik, Iceland (KEF).
But today, the world’s largest airline is unveiling new domestic routes and the addition of new shuttle service between Chicago’s O’Hare (ORD) and New York City’s LaGuardia (LGA).
Chicago-NYC Shuttle Service
Less than a month after Delta announced the shutdown of its West Coast shuttle route, American Airlines is adding new shuttle service “between the Windy City and the City that Never Sleeps.”
With this rollout, AA will run 15 flights each weekday between Chicago’s O’Hare (ORD) and New York City’s LaGuardia (LGA). Designed for busy business travelers, AA shuttle flights allow passengers to check in up to 20 minutes before departure if you aren’t carrying checked baggage and up to 30 minutes before departure when you check bags. Also, there will be dedicated check-in desks and dedicated gates, so you’ll know exactly where to go in the airport.
Shuttle services also offer the following enhanced amenities:
- Free snack basket, beer, wine and spirits in First Class
- Free snacks, beer and wine in Main Cabin
- Free magazines and newspapers in the boarding lounge
This expands on American Airlines’ east coast shuttle service, which now includes flights between Washington National (DCA) — NYC’s LaGuardia (LGA), Washington National (DCA) — Boston (BOS), and Boston (BOS) — NYC’s LaGuardia (LGA):
New Domestic Routes
American Airlines is also announcing new service on domestic nonstop routes, including:
- Three routes from Philadelphia (PHL) to Fort Wayne, Indiana (FWA); Oklahoma City (OKC); and Pensacola, Florida (PNS)
- New service from both Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) and Dallas (DFW) to Panama City, Florida (ECP) and South Bend, Indiana (SBN)
- Service from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania (AVP)
These routes will be loaded into American Airlines’ network on January 22, but travelers are going to have to wait until June 7 for flights to begin.
With this new announcement and previous route expansion announcements, American Airlines is adding 52 new nonstop routes from its hubs in 2018:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 50,000 miles are worth $815. As of July 23, 2017 this is the only card that offers Admirals Club lounge access so if you are an AA flyer this card might make sense for you. Aside from lounge access the primary cardholder will receive a Global Entry application fee credit every 5 years, first checked bag free for up to 8 travel companions on domestic itineraries and a 25% discount on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines flights.
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® Bonus Miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Admirals Club® membership for you and access for up to two guests or immediate family members traveling with you
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Earn 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 eligible mile earned from purchases
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation
- The standard variable APR for Citi Flex Plan is 17.49% - 26.49% based on your creditworthiness. Citi Flex Plan offers are made available at Citi's discretion.