China is the Top Trending NYE Destination, According to Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the year comes to an end, travelers are getting ready to take one last trip to ring in 2018. But where to? According to Airbnb, people are heading far east. The world’s leading hospitality company has compiled their year-end data and the results are in: China is the top trending country for travelers this New Year’s Eve.
The country has seen enormous growth this year for Airbnbs, with five Chinese cities dominating the top-10 list of trending destinations this NYE. The top 10* are:
- Suzhou, China
- Wuhan, China
- Veracruz, Mexico
- Hangzhou, China
- Puebla, Mexico
- Xi’an, China
- Guangzhou, China
- Nanjing, China
- Itanhaém, São Paulo
- Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná
China is emerging as one of the top travel destinations via Airbnb and the five Chinese cities above are experiencing the highest growth in Airbnb listings. This NYE will be Airbnb’s biggest yet with nearly 3 million guests traveling and staying in one of their listings. Travelers and guests hail from over 210 distinct countries and territories and will be welcomed by hosts in over 200 countries and territories.
Countries hosting the most Airbnb travelers this NYE are the US, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada. Brazil and Canada are two of Airbnb’s trending destinations for 2018. Topping the list of most popular city destinations are New York. Paris, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
All information for NYE travel trends can be found here.
*Based on booking increases from 2016.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.