China is the Top Trending NYE Destination, According to Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the year comes to an end, travelers are getting ready to take one last trip to ring in 2018. But where to? According to Airbnb, people are heading far east. The world’s leading hospitality company has compiled their year-end data and the results are in: China is the top trending country for travelers this New Year’s Eve.
The country has seen enormous growth this year for Airbnbs, with five Chinese cities dominating the top-10 list of trending destinations this NYE. The top 10* are:
- Suzhou, China
- Wuhan, China
- Veracruz, Mexico
- Hangzhou, China
- Puebla, Mexico
- Xi’an, China
- Guangzhou, China
- Nanjing, China
- Itanhaém, São Paulo
- Foz do Iguaçu, Paraná
China is emerging as one of the top travel destinations via Airbnb and the five Chinese cities above are experiencing the highest growth in Airbnb listings. This NYE will be Airbnb’s biggest yet with nearly 3 million guests traveling and staying in one of their listings. Travelers and guests hail from over 210 distinct countries and territories and will be welcomed by hosts in over 200 countries and territories.
Countries hosting the most Airbnb travelers this NYE are the US, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada. Brazil and Canada are two of Airbnb’s trending destinations for 2018. Topping the list of most popular city destinations are New York. Paris, London, Tokyo and Sydney.
All information for NYE travel trends can be found here.
*Based on booking increases from 2016.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees