This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sometimes, searching for that perfect Airbnb for your next trip can be as fun as actually taking the trip. Airbnb has rounded up its most wish-listed properties in 2017 from around the world, and if the list indicates anything, it proves that travelers are looking for incredible homes to stay in — globally. From yurts to cabanas to treehouses and school buses (yes, really), travelers are lusting after the not-so-typical lodgings that Airbnb offers.
Not only are travelers pining after exotic locales for their stay, but also looking at destinations far and wide: The top spots were from regions ranging from South America to Indonesia. The number one spot went to a secluded treehouse in Atlanta, GA, which is made up of three cabins connected by rope bridges. In Germany, one of the top listings was an “original Afghani yurt.” (The yurt is relatively cheap and has a 4.5 star ratings with over 80 reviews.) In fact, all of the top spots have at least a 4.5 rating — so you know these places aren’t just cool places to stay, but fulfill all the requirements that travelers look for.
In the United Kingdom, you and 20 of your closest friends can stay in “Britain’s favorite castle” which has over 10 bedrooms. And on Mayne Island in Canada, you can live like you’re in a different era in a “unique cob cottage” that was hand-sculpted with local, sustainable materials; you’ll think you’re living in a fairy-tale land on this property. In Ubatuba, Brazil you can live in an architectural marvel that has windows instead of walls. This amazing house, located on the water, has views that will make you want to move in.
Airbnb began in 2007 and has grown tremendously since its founding. The short-term vacation rental company has over 4 million listings in over 190 countries. The full listing of the most wish-listed properties can be found on Airbnb here.
Feature photo of the secluded treehouse by Sarah Dorio/Parachute
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees