These Are the Most Wish-Listed Homes on Airbnb in 2017
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sometimes, searching for that perfect Airbnb for your next trip can be as fun as actually taking the trip. Airbnb has rounded up its most wish-listed properties in 2017 from around the world, and if the list indicates anything, it proves that travelers are looking for incredible homes to stay in — globally. From yurts to cabanas to treehouses and school buses (yes, really), travelers are lusting after the not-so-typical lodgings that Airbnb offers.
Not only are travelers pining after exotic locales for their stay, but also looking at destinations far and wide: The top spots were from regions ranging from South America to Indonesia. The number one spot went to a secluded treehouse in Atlanta, GA, which is made up of three cabins connected by rope bridges. In Germany, one of the top listings was an “original Afghani yurt.” (The yurt is relatively cheap and has a 4.5 star ratings with over 80 reviews.) In fact, all of the top spots have at least a 4.5 rating — so you know these places aren’t just cool places to stay, but fulfill all the requirements that travelers look for.
In the United Kingdom, you and 20 of your closest friends can stay in “Britain’s favorite castle” which has over 10 bedrooms. And on Mayne Island in Canada, you can live like you’re in a different era in a “unique cob cottage” that was hand-sculpted with local, sustainable materials; you’ll think you’re living in a fairy-tale land on this property. In Ubatuba, Brazil you can live in an architectural marvel that has windows instead of walls. This amazing house, located on the water, has views that will make you want to move in.
Airbnb began in 2007 and has grown tremendously since its founding. The short-term vacation rental company has over 4 million listings in over 190 countries. The full listing of the most wish-listed properties can be found on Airbnb here.
Feature photo of the secluded treehouse by Sarah Dorio/Parachute
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees