These Are the Most Wish-Listed Homes on Airbnb in 2017
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sometimes, searching for that perfect Airbnb for your next trip can be as fun as actually taking the trip. Airbnb has rounded up its most wish-listed properties in 2017 from around the world, and if the list indicates anything, it proves that travelers are looking for incredible homes to stay in — globally. From yurts to cabanas to treehouses and school buses (yes, really), travelers are lusting after the not-so-typical lodgings that Airbnb offers.
Not only are travelers pining after exotic locales for their stay, but also looking at destinations far and wide: The top spots were from regions ranging from South America to Indonesia. The number one spot went to a secluded treehouse in Atlanta, GA, which is made up of three cabins connected by rope bridges. In Germany, one of the top listings was an “original Afghani yurt.” (The yurt is relatively cheap and has a 4.5 star ratings with over 80 reviews.) In fact, all of the top spots have at least a 4.5 rating — so you know these places aren’t just cool places to stay, but fulfill all the requirements that travelers look for.
In the United Kingdom, you and 20 of your closest friends can stay in “Britain’s favorite castle” which has over 10 bedrooms. And on Mayne Island in Canada, you can live like you’re in a different era in a “unique cob cottage” that was hand-sculpted with local, sustainable materials; you’ll think you’re living in a fairy-tale land on this property. In Ubatuba, Brazil you can live in an architectural marvel that has windows instead of walls. This amazing house, located on the water, has views that will make you want to move in.
Airbnb began in 2007 and has grown tremendously since its founding. The short-term vacation rental company has over 4 million listings in over 190 countries. The full listing of the most wish-listed properties can be found on Airbnb here.
Feature photo of the secluded treehouse by Sarah Dorio/Parachute
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees