These Are the Most Wish-Listed Homes on Airbnb in 2017
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sometimes, searching for that perfect Airbnb for your next trip can be as fun as actually taking the trip. Airbnb has rounded up its most wish-listed properties in 2017 from around the world, and if the list indicates anything, it proves that travelers are looking for incredible homes to stay in — globally. From yurts to cabanas to treehouses and school buses (yes, really), travelers are lusting after the not-so-typical lodgings that Airbnb offers.
Not only are travelers pining after exotic locales for their stay, but also looking at destinations far and wide: The top spots were from regions ranging from South America to Indonesia. The number one spot went to a secluded treehouse in Atlanta, GA, which is made up of three cabins connected by rope bridges. In Germany, one of the top listings was an “original Afghani yurt.” (The yurt is relatively cheap and has a 4.5 star ratings with over 80 reviews.) In fact, all of the top spots have at least a 4.5 rating — so you know these places aren’t just cool places to stay, but fulfill all the requirements that travelers look for.
In the United Kingdom, you and 20 of your closest friends can stay in “Britain’s favorite castle” which has over 10 bedrooms. And on Mayne Island in Canada, you can live like you’re in a different era in a “unique cob cottage” that was hand-sculpted with local, sustainable materials; you’ll think you’re living in a fairy-tale land on this property. In Ubatuba, Brazil you can live in an architectural marvel that has windows instead of walls. This amazing house, located on the water, has views that will make you want to move in.
Airbnb began in 2007 and has grown tremendously since its founding. The short-term vacation rental company has over 4 million listings in over 190 countries. The full listing of the most wish-listed properties can be found on Airbnb here.
Feature photo of the secluded treehouse by Sarah Dorio/Parachute
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees