This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Chase Sapphire Reserve
One popular benefit offered on many premium credit cards is a membership to the Priority Pass lounge network. But until recently, only certain cards would let you use a virtual card to access the lounges. Notably absent: the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Even worse, this card has the most generous Priority Pass guesting policies, allowing unlimited guests to enter with the member at no cost.
Because of this restriction, if you have this card, up until now you needed to take your physical Priority Pass membership card with you when traveling. This confusion could lead to mistakes, like when TPG reader Janice used the wrong Priority Pass card and ended up with a $189 charge for using a lounge that she could’ve entered for free using the correct card.
But starting this week, Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders are eligible to set up a digital Priority Pass card. When I spoke with Chase customer service about this development, the rep noted that this feature was just added Wednesday. Affected cardholders will be receiving letters soon about the change.
However, that doesn’t have to delay your use of this new tool. Let’s walk through how to set-up your Priority Pass account for digital use.
First, you’re going to need your physical Priority Pass card and know your Priority Pass membership expiration date to complete the digital setup. If you don’t have access to both of these, you can call Chase via the number on the back of your credit card. The customer service representative can connect you with a Priority Pass agent who will read off your account number and expiration date.
Once you have this info, here are the next steps:
- Navigate to www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
- Enter your card number, expiration date and solve the Captcha.
- Set-up a Priority Pass account by providing your email address and setting up login information. If you already have a Priority Pass account, you will need to set up a new account for this card.
- Download the Priority Pass app (Google Play and Apple Store)
- Open the app and log in with your new account. Note that you can have multiple accounts linked on the app.
- Select the menu bar and select “My Digital Card” to confirm that the digital card is available.
Keep in mind that not all lounges accept the digital card. So, it can’t hurt to bring the physical card along with you when you travel. However, now you’ll at least have a shot of entering lounges if you forget.
Want to learn more about Priority Pass? Here’s some additional reading:
- How Do I Get Priority Pass Cards for Chase Sapphire Reserve Authorized Users?
- Can I Use a Priority Pass Lounge on Arrival Instead of Departure?
- Using the Wrong Priority Pass Card — Reader Mistake Story
- Priority Pass Adds Minute Suites Locations to Lounge Network
- Priority Pass Now Offers Access to More Than 1,000 Lounges
- How Do I Find Airport Lounges Once I Have Access?
- 10 of the Best Priority Pass Lounges Around the World
- 9 Best Priority Pass Lounges in the US
H/T: Points Yak
Featured image by Priority Pass.
This article has been amended, as we incorrectly reported that the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card is also eligible to set up a digital Priority Pass card. The digital pass is coming for the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card in 2018.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
SIGN-UP BONUS: 50,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on all travel and dining, $300 annual travel credit, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Named "Best Premium Travel Credit Card" for 2018 by MONEY® Magazine
- $300 Annual Travel Credit as reimbursement for travel purchases charged to your card each account anniversary year
- 3X points on travel immediately after earning your $300 travel credit. 3X points on dining at restaurants & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases. $0 foreign transaction fees.
- Get 50% more value when you redeem your points for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Access to 1,000+ airport lounges worldwide after an easy, one-time enrollment in Priority Pass™ Select
- Up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®