New Airbnb Partnership Lets Travelers Work From Nearest WeWork Office
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airbnb, the world’s leader in private home rentals, has partnered with WeWork, the world’s leader in shared work spaces, to make it easier for business travelers to book lodging and business accommodations with a click of the mouse.
Back in 2015, Airbnb launched Airbnb for Business, a product suite that made it easier for companies to book vacation rentals, giving them access to a range of features that support business trips. Today, the company launched a partnership with WeWork in an effort to expand this rapidly growing venture. We spoke with representatives from both companies to better understand how this will work; both parties said the partnership makes a lot of sense based on their mutual missions of encouraging community and collaboration among members.
The pilot program will be introduced in six cities beginning October 5: New York, Chicago, London, Sydney, Washington, DC and Los Angeles. When guests complete checkout via Airbnb in a city where the program is offered, they will be shown an option to book a WeWork space as well. Airbnb guests who participate in the pilot program will receive a free day at a WeWork space, one free hour of conference room use and discounted pricing for each additional day. Participants in the program will be matched with the closest WeWork location to their Airbnb. It should also be noted that according to Airbnb, this is a promotion via WeWork and is not bundled into the cost of an Airbnb booking.
There are no plans to expand yet but both companies — who seem to be targeting younger consumers — want the new venture to provide travelers with amenities similar to those found in hotel business centers: Wi-Fi, workspace, printers and meeting rooms. Airbnb is valued at $31 billion and WeWork is valued at $20 billion; according to Bloomberg, Airbnb expects corporate travel to quadruple this year alone. That said, Airbnb could face issues if corporate executives aren’t willing to forgo hotel amenities in favor of workspace perks such as this.
Does this perk appeal to you? Let us know in the comments, below.
Feature image courtesy of WeWork.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees