This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Many business travelers will have more accommodation options now that Airbnb has announced it’s expanding its partnership with the business travel booking service Concur, and in doing so, companies that use the platform to book business travel can now book Airbnb stays through Concur Travel
For companies that opt in, Airbnbs will appear alongside hotels when searching for accommodations in the service’s booking portal. This is a big deal for Airbnb, since Concur customers include 70% of Fortune 100 and 500 companies and employees from over 250,000 businesses have registered to use Airbnb for business travel. The homeshare giant claims that almost 15% of nights booked are for business travel and that in 2016 work bookings increased threefold.
It’s another partnership that Airbnb has added to its portfolio — thanks to another relationship, travelers can book Airbnbs through a special Delta portal and receive 1 SkyMile for every dollar spent. That’s on top of the points you can earn from credit card spend, like 3x bonus points you’d receive when paying with a Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card. If you haven’t stayed at an Airbnb yet, you can sign up for an account through TPG and receive $40 in free credit.
Featured image courtesy of Carl Court via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees