This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is a member of the Star Alliance, which, among other benefits, enables the carrier to sell flights operated by a slew of member airlines. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to ensure that customers have a seamless experience when traveling on a multi-carrier itinerary, which is especially common on international trips — if you’re flying United from Newark (EWR) and connecting in Frankfurt (FRA), for example, chances are you’ll be traveling on Lufthansa to your final destination in Europe.
Such an itinerary required checking in online or at the airport, where paper boarding passes would generally be issued for all flights — including those on the Star Alliance partner. As of today, however, United can now push those partner passes to your smartphone via its mobile app. So if you’re flying from San Francisco (SFO) to Taipei (TPE) on United and on to Bangkok (BKK) on EVA Air, you should receive boarding passes for both flights when you check in through the United app.
Mobile boarding passes are now available for travel on the following partners:
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Cape Air
- Croatia Airlines
- EVA Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Turkish Airlines
According to United, customers use the app some 500 million times each year, so this new functionality is sure to come in handy for many travelers.
Have you received a partner boarding pass through your United app?
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees