United Adds Partner Boarding Passes to Its Mobile App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is a member of the Star Alliance, which, among other benefits, enables the carrier to sell flights operated by a slew of member airlines. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to ensure that customers have a seamless experience when traveling on a multi-carrier itinerary, which is especially common on international trips — if you’re flying United from Newark (EWR) and connecting in Frankfurt (FRA), for example, chances are you’ll be traveling on Lufthansa to your final destination in Europe.
Such an itinerary required checking in online or at the airport, where paper boarding passes would generally be issued for all flights — including those on the Star Alliance partner. As of today, however, United can now push those partner passes to your smartphone via its mobile app. So if you’re flying from San Francisco (SFO) to Taipei (TPE) on United and on to Bangkok (BKK) on EVA Air, you should receive boarding passes for both flights when you check in through the United app.
Mobile boarding passes are now available for travel on the following partners:
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Cape Air
- Croatia Airlines
- EVA Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Turkish Airlines
According to United, customers use the app some 500 million times each year, so this new functionality is sure to come in handy for many travelers.
Have you received a partner boarding pass through your United app?
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees