United Adds Partner Boarding Passes to Its Mobile App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is a member of the Star Alliance, which, among other benefits, enables the carrier to sell flights operated by a slew of member airlines. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to ensure that customers have a seamless experience when traveling on a multi-carrier itinerary, which is especially common on international trips — if you’re flying United from Newark (EWR) and connecting in Frankfurt (FRA), for example, chances are you’ll be traveling on Lufthansa to your final destination in Europe.
Such an itinerary required checking in online or at the airport, where paper boarding passes would generally be issued for all flights — including those on the Star Alliance partner. As of today, however, United can now push those partner passes to your smartphone via its mobile app. So if you’re flying from San Francisco (SFO) to Taipei (TPE) on United and on to Bangkok (BKK) on EVA Air, you should receive boarding passes for both flights when you check in through the United app.
Mobile boarding passes are now available for travel on the following partners:
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Cape Air
- Croatia Airlines
- EVA Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Turkish Airlines
According to United, customers use the app some 500 million times each year, so this new functionality is sure to come in handy for many travelers.
Have you received a partner boarding pass through your United app?
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.