United Adds Partner Boarding Passes to Its Mobile App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is a member of the Star Alliance, which, among other benefits, enables the carrier to sell flights operated by a slew of member airlines. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to ensure that customers have a seamless experience when traveling on a multi-carrier itinerary, which is especially common on international trips — if you’re flying United from Newark (EWR) and connecting in Frankfurt (FRA), for example, chances are you’ll be traveling on Lufthansa to your final destination in Europe.
Such an itinerary required checking in online or at the airport, where paper boarding passes would generally be issued for all flights — including those on the Star Alliance partner. As of today, however, United can now push those partner passes to your smartphone via its mobile app. So if you’re flying from San Francisco (SFO) to Taipei (TPE) on United and on to Bangkok (BKK) on EVA Air, you should receive boarding passes for both flights when you check in through the United app.
Mobile boarding passes are now available for travel on the following partners:
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Cape Air
- Croatia Airlines
- EVA Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Turkish Airlines
According to United, customers use the app some 500 million times each year, so this new functionality is sure to come in handy for many travelers.
Have you received a partner boarding pass through your United app?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees