United Adds Partner Boarding Passes to Its Mobile App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United is a member of the Star Alliance, which, among other benefits, enables the carrier to sell flights operated by a slew of member airlines. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to ensure that customers have a seamless experience when traveling on a multi-carrier itinerary, which is especially common on international trips — if you’re flying United from Newark (EWR) and connecting in Frankfurt (FRA), for example, chances are you’ll be traveling on Lufthansa to your final destination in Europe.
Such an itinerary required checking in online or at the airport, where paper boarding passes would generally be issued for all flights — including those on the Star Alliance partner. As of today, however, United can now push those partner passes to your smartphone via its mobile app. So if you’re flying from San Francisco (SFO) to Taipei (TPE) on United and on to Bangkok (BKK) on EVA Air, you should receive boarding passes for both flights when you check in through the United app.
Mobile boarding passes are now available for travel on the following partners:
- Adria Airways
- Aegean Airlines
- Air Canada
- Air New Zealand
- Asiana Airlines
- Austrian Airlines
- Azul Brazilian Airlines
- Brussels Airlines
- Cape Air
- Croatia Airlines
- EVA Airways
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Thai Airways
- Turkish Airlines
According to United, customers use the app some 500 million times each year, so this new functionality is sure to come in handy for many travelers.
Have you received a partner boarding pass through your United app?
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.