This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a very busy week for Delta’s A350. Tuesday, we had a chance to join the very first passenger flight, a two-hour trip 37,000 feet above Atlanta, and this morning Delta CEO Ed Bastian hosted a media breakfast to chat about the airline’s new flagship plane.
First, Bastian announced the first European A350 route, from Detroit (DTW) to Amsterdam (AMS), launching next spring. Then, the airline’s Chief Communications Officer, Ned Walker, quietly announced the second China route — the A350 will replace Delta’s Boeing 777 on the Detroit-Shanghai (PVG) route as of April 19, 2018.
So, in total, Delta has confirmed six routes to be operated by the A350:
- October 30, 2017 — Detroit (DTW)-Tokyo (NRT)
- November 18, 2017 — Detroit-Seoul (ICN)
- January 17, 2018 — Detroit-Beijing (PEK)
- March 2018 — Detroit-Amsterdam (AMS)
- March 24, 2018 — Atlanta (ATL)-Seoul
- April 19, 2018 — Detroit-Shanghai (PVG)
I’ll be sharing more impressions of the plane over the days to come, but it’s safe to say that Delta has a winner on its hands.
For more on the Delta A350, see:
- Touring Delta One, Premium Select and Coach on Delta’s First Airbus A350
- Delta Announces First Transatlantic Route for the Airbus A350
- Check Out Photos of Delta’s First A350 Arriving in Atlanta
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards