Check Out Photos of Delta’s First A350 Arriving in Atlanta
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a long time in coming, but Delta’s first brand-new A350-900 aircraft landed early Sunday morning at the airline’s hub in Atlanta (ATL). The aircraft flew directly from the Airbus assembly line in Toulouse, France, and received a overnight water-cannon salute as it rolled to a stop at the gate at just after 2am.
The new plane, which Delta refers to as Ship 3501, is the first of the flagship Airbus craft to join a North American fleet. Delta ordered the plane in November 2014 to replace its 747-400s, which are being retired by the end of 2017.
The carrier produced a video of the plane’s trip from Toulouse to Atlanta and released several photos of the aircraft’s arrival at its gate in Atlanta.
Other photos were posted on Flickr by James Snyder, a Delta employee, including images of one of the plane’s Delta One suite seats, the aircraft’s Premium Select premium-economy section and the main economy cabin as well.
While Delta will be likely be working out the kinks and training flights with this aircraft in the coming months, the first official Delta A350 flight is currently scheduled to be Delta Flight 275 from Detroit (DTW) to Tokyo/Narita (NRT) at 1:40pm on Oct. 30 with the return flight the next day. You can already book tickets for that flight or other A350 flights on the route using cash or a lot of Delta SkyMiles.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Featured image courtesy of Delta Airlines.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee