Check Out Photos of Delta’s First A350 Arriving in Atlanta
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a long time in coming, but Delta’s first brand-new A350-900 aircraft landed early Sunday morning at the airline’s hub in Atlanta (ATL). The aircraft flew directly from the Airbus assembly line in Toulouse, France, and received a overnight water-cannon salute as it rolled to a stop at the gate at just after 2am.
The new plane, which Delta refers to as Ship 3501, is the first of the flagship Airbus craft to join a North American fleet. Delta ordered the plane in November 2014 to replace its 747-400s, which are being retired by the end of 2017.
The carrier produced a video of the plane’s trip from Toulouse to Atlanta and released several photos of the aircraft’s arrival at its gate in Atlanta.
Other photos were posted on Flickr by James Snyder, a Delta employee, including images of one of the plane’s Delta One suite seats, the aircraft’s Premium Select premium-economy section and the main economy cabin as well.
While Delta will be likely be working out the kinks and training flights with this aircraft in the coming months, the first official Delta A350 flight is currently scheduled to be Delta Flight 275 from Detroit (DTW) to Tokyo/Narita (NRT) at 1:40pm on Oct. 30 with the return flight the next day. You can already book tickets for that flight or other A350 flights on the route using cash or a lot of Delta SkyMiles.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Featured image courtesy of Delta Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.