Check Out Photos of Delta’s First A350 Arriving in Atlanta
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a long time in coming, but Delta’s first brand-new A350-900 aircraft landed early Sunday morning at the airline’s hub in Atlanta (ATL). The aircraft flew directly from the Airbus assembly line in Toulouse, France, and received a overnight water-cannon salute as it rolled to a stop at the gate at just after 2am.
The new plane, which Delta refers to as Ship 3501, is the first of the flagship Airbus craft to join a North American fleet. Delta ordered the plane in November 2014 to replace its 747-400s, which are being retired by the end of 2017.
The carrier produced a video of the plane’s trip from Toulouse to Atlanta and released several photos of the aircraft’s arrival at its gate in Atlanta.
Other photos were posted on Flickr by James Snyder, a Delta employee, including images of one of the plane’s Delta One suite seats, the aircraft’s Premium Select premium-economy section and the main economy cabin as well.
While Delta will be likely be working out the kinks and training flights with this aircraft in the coming months, the first official Delta A350 flight is currently scheduled to be Delta Flight 275 from Detroit (DTW) to Tokyo/Narita (NRT) at 1:40pm on Oct. 30 with the return flight the next day. You can already book tickets for that flight or other A350 flights on the route using cash or a lot of Delta SkyMiles.
H/T: Rene’s Points
Featured image courtesy of Delta Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees