Delta Announces First Transatlantic Route for the Airbus A350
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This Tuesday, we got our very first look at Delta’s brand-new Airbus A350, which will begin carrying paying passengers at the end of October. Overall, I think the plane looks fantastic — I’m definitely a fan of the Delta One Suite.
So far, Delta has only shared plans to fly the A350 to Asia, however, reserving its latest and greatest for some of the longest transpacific routes. Well, we just got a bit of great news — in addition to Tokyo, Beijing and Seoul, Delta’s flagship plane will soon begin flying to Europe, too.
This one’s going to originate in Detroit as well — Delta will begin flying the A350 to Amsterdam (AMS) in March. That’s all we know so far, but we’ll update this post with more launch details as they become available.
There are still seats available on the very first flight, traveling from Detroit (DTW) to Tokyo (NRT) on October 30. One-way tickets will run you $1,121 in coach, $2,454 in Premium Select and a whopping $9,412 in Delta One Suites, though some of these fares are more than double the regular rates, given the interest in this inaugural flight.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.