This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This Tuesday, we got our very first look at Delta’s brand-new Airbus A350, which will begin carrying paying passengers at the end of October. Overall, I think the plane looks fantastic — I’m definitely a fan of the Delta One Suite.
So far, Delta has only shared plans to fly the A350 to Asia, however, reserving its latest and greatest for some of the longest transpacific routes. Well, we just got a bit of great news — in addition to Tokyo, Beijing and Seoul, Delta’s flagship plane will soon begin flying to Europe, too.
This one’s going to originate in Detroit as well — Delta will begin flying the A350 to Amsterdam (AMS) in March. That’s all we know so far, but we’ll update this post with more launch details as they become available.
There are still seats available on the very first flight, traveling from Detroit (DTW) to Tokyo (NRT) on October 30. One-way tickets will run you $1,121 in coach, $2,454 in Premium Select and a whopping $9,412 in Delta One Suites, though some of these fares are more than double the regular rates, given the interest in this inaugural flight.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards