This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This Tuesday, we got our very first look at Delta’s brand-new Airbus A350, which will begin carrying paying passengers at the end of October. Overall, I think the plane looks fantastic — I’m definitely a fan of the Delta One Suite.
So far, Delta has only shared plans to fly the A350 to Asia, however, reserving its latest and greatest for some of the longest transpacific routes. Well, we just got a bit of great news — in addition to Tokyo, Beijing and Seoul, Delta’s flagship plane will soon begin flying to Europe, too.
This one’s going to originate in Detroit as well — Delta will begin flying the A350 to Amsterdam (AMS) in March. That’s all we know so far, but we’ll update this post with more launch details as they become available.
There are still seats available on the very first flight, traveling from Detroit (DTW) to Tokyo (NRT) on October 30. One-way tickets will run you $1,121 in coach, $2,454 in Premium Select and a whopping $9,412 in Delta One Suites, though some of these fares are more than double the regular rates, given the interest in this inaugural flight.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees