Limited-Time Only: British Airways Brings Back $400 AARP Discount
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The British Airways and AARP discount, which has proven to be incredibly lucrative for premium cabin travelers, is back at its original level, which means you can score up to $400 off a business or first-class ticket. However, you have to move fast — you must book by June 29, 2017, for outbound travel between August 1, 2017, and January 8, 2018.
Here’s how the AARP savings break down for the extended booking period when using this page on the BA site:
- World Traveller (economy) — $65 off
- World Traveller Plus (premium economy) — $130 off
- Club World (business class) — $400 off
- First — $400 off
The AARP savings can save travelers a good chunk of money on their travels with BA. As a reminder, the amount you’ll save varies depending on class of service, and the discount is only applicable to round-trip tickets purchased in cash. British Airways and its codeshares operated by American and Iberia also count for this promotion. The discount can’t apply to already-made bookings, and you must be an AARP member in order to take advantage.
While you don’t have much time to take advantage (bookings must be made between now and June 29), it’s great to see that BA and AARP are bringing back this popular offer after reducing it to $200 earlier this year. If you’re an AARP member and looking to take advantage, be sure to book before it’s too late.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees