Limited-Time Only: British Airways Brings Back $400 AARP Discount
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The British Airways and AARP discount, which has proven to be incredibly lucrative for premium cabin travelers, is back at its original level, which means you can score up to $400 off a business or first-class ticket. However, you have to move fast — you must book by June 29, 2017, for outbound travel between August 1, 2017, and January 8, 2018.
Here’s how the AARP savings break down for the extended booking period when using this page on the BA site:
- World Traveller (economy) — $65 off
- World Traveller Plus (premium economy) — $130 off
- Club World (business class) — $400 off
- First — $400 off
The AARP savings can save travelers a good chunk of money on their travels with BA. As a reminder, the amount you’ll save varies depending on class of service, and the discount is only applicable to round-trip tickets purchased in cash. British Airways and its codeshares operated by American and Iberia also count for this promotion. The discount can’t apply to already-made bookings, and you must be an AARP member in order to take advantage.
While you don’t have much time to take advantage (bookings must be made between now and June 29), it’s great to see that BA and AARP are bringing back this popular offer after reducing it to $200 earlier this year. If you’re an AARP member and looking to take advantage, be sure to book before it’s too late.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.