Norwegian Adds More Caribbean Flights, From $79 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Not only did Norwegian Air announce today that it’s launching new service to Rome from three US cities (Los Angeles, Newark and Oakland), but it’s also expanding its presence in the French Caribbean. Today, the low-cost carrier announced that it’s adding new service to its established destinations in Guadeloupe (PTP) and Martinique (FDF).
Beginning this October, Norwegian will launch new service from Providence (PVD) to both PTP and FDF. Plus, it’s adding a new route between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and FDF in addition to adding a new frequency to its existing FLL-PTP route. Here are the details of each of the three new routes and the one that’s adding an additional frequency:
- Providence (PVD) to Guadeloupe (PTP) — Launches on October 29, 2017, with 2x weekly service.
- Providence (PVD) to Martinique (FDF) — Launches on October 30, 2017, with 2x weekly service.
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Martinique (FDF) — Launches on October 30, 2017, with 2x weekly flights.
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Guadeloupe (PTP) — Additional frequency (from 2x per week to 3x per week) launching on November 2, 2017.
Fares to both PTP and FDF start at $79 one-way in economy and are now bookable on Norwegian’s website. Back in 2015, Norwegian launched French Caribbean service to the two countries from New York (JFK). And in 2016, the carrier added a Fort Lauderdale (FLL) route to Guadeloupe (PTP), which it’s now increasing in frequency to 3x per week.
The flights will be operated by the carrier’s 737-800 aircraft that feature a 3-3 configuration.
TPG Assistant Editor Brendan Dorsey recently had the chance to try out Norwegian’s Caribbean service from New York (JFK). Stay tuned for a full review.
With this announcement, Norwegian is choosing to build on its presence in Providence (PVD). Earlier this year, the low-cost carrier announced new service from PVD to Edinburgh (EDI), Belfast (BFS), Bergen (BGO), Cork (ORK), Dublin (DUB) and Shannon (SNN). Now, with these two new routes, Norwegian will serve a total of eight destinations spread across Europe and the French Caribbean, making it the largest international airline at PVD. And, as a result of the new routes, Norwegian will operate its fourth American crew base in Providence for the summer.
Overall, this is more exciting news coming from Norwegian. Today alone, the carrier has announced that it’s launching new service to both Rome and two destinations in the Caribbean, expanding its footprint in the US market — good news for anyone looking for a low-cost option when traveling.
Featured image of Martinique courtesy of Matteo Colombo via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.