Anthony Bourdain Would Give Up Meat — But Only in One Country
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Anthony Bourdain — chef, author and world traveler — has been fairly vocal about his distaste for vegetarian cuisine and those who eschew meat. “I’ve made much fun of vegetarians over the years and have been said, frequently, to ‘hate’ them. This is not true. But I am dismissive and (sometimes) contemptuous of food that is made with a narrow world view as its first priority,” Bourdain recently told Vogue India.
Bourdain revealed that there was just one country where he would go vegetarian — but only for a week. The foodie globetrotter told the magazine, “India (is) one of the few places on earth where eating vegetarian is not a burden. In Punjab, wildly varying textures, huge selections, thrilling blends of spices and assertive, delicious flavors are always accompanied by wonderful, freshly-made breads.”
We have to agree with Bourdain that India has fantastic food. If you’re planning a trip to New Delhi and need some tips on what to eat first, you can check out our guide for 5 foods you must try. Or take a peek at our travel guide for India for first-timers. (Perhaps try to avoid Air India though.)
Featured image of a street market in Kekri, India courtesy of Chandan Khanna via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.