9 Hours Alone in Thai First Class, Norwegian Adds New US Cities, Cramped A380s and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here: Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you may have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy, and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you may have missed this week:
At just 40,000 United miles for the one-way trip from Sydney (SYD) to Bangkok (BKK), Thai’s first-class experience can’t be beat. Join Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig for the full review of the 9-hour experience.
This week, Norwegian Air shared that it’ll be starting two new flights between the US and Europe: Denver (DEN) and Seattle (SEA) to London (LGW). You can now purchase tickets on both routes.
This week at the Aircraft Interiors Expo in Hamburg, Germany, Airbus showed off a concept that would add up to 80 seats to its superjumbo jet, the A380. How does 3-5-3 in economy sound to you?
There are tons of travel rewards credit card offers to choose from — familiarize yourself with the best offers for this month.
At the end of this summer, American Airlines will end nonstop service between New York (JFK) and San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU). AA will continue to offer nonstop service to SJU from Miami (MIA), Philadelphia (PHL), Chicago (ORD), Dallas (DFW) and Charlotte (CLT).
You’re now able to book some of JetBlue’s new transcontinental Mint flights that were announced last year. While you still can’t purchase a Mint seat on the carrier’s flights between New York (JFK) and Seattle (SEA), you can book lie-flat seats on certain flights between New York (JFK) and Las Vegas (LAS) and San Diego (SAN), as well as select flights between Boston (BOS) and San Diego (SAN).
If you have a Citi-issued American Airlines co-branded credit card, you’re eligible to save between 1,000 and 7,500 AAdvantage miles on select award bookings. To book one of these reduced mileage awards, you’ll need to first find MileSAAver award availability on American Airlines’ website, then call AA at 1-800-882-8880 — or your elite reservations number, if applicable — to book the ticket.
In other news…
Biman Bangladesh Wants to Resume Flights to New York
It’s been over 20 years since Biman Bangladesh has flown to New York, but apparently the airline wants to give it another go. But, with a limited long-haul fleet, it’s unclear how the carrier would pull this off.
10% Rebate When You Re-Load Your Starbucks Card With the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card
If you re-load a Starbucks Card online or in-app with your Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card between now and April 15, 2017, you’ll receive 10% back in the form of a statement credit.
Delta and WestJet Expand Reciprocal Mileage Agreement to More Flights
Delta and WestJet shared that they’re expanding the reciprocal mileage agreement they’ve had in place since 2014. SkyMiles members are now able to redeem SkyMiles for all flights in WestJet’s network, and WestJet Rewards members can redeem WestJet dollars on select routes including flights to Paris, Tokyo, Rome, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Sydney.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees