Norwegian to Begin Service From New West Coast Cities — Fares Starting at $199 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since Norwegian Air began flying transatlantic routes between Europe and the US, its network in the US has grown rapidly. In fact, the Bærum, Norway-based carrier flies or has announced plans to fly between 11 US cities and Europe (not including San Juan and St. Croix) — the newest of which being between Newburgh (SWF), Providence (PVD) and Hartford (BDL) to several cities in the UK. Now, as Norwegian’s CEO Bjørn Kjos hinted at earlier this year, Norwegian will expand its transatlantic ventures between more US cities on the West Coast and Europe.
Beginning this September, Norwegian will offer new, nonstop service from both Denver (DEN) and Seattle (SEA) to London’s Gatwick Airport (LGW). Flights between DEN-LGW will launch on September 16 with 2x weekly service on Tuesdays and Saturdays during the summer season and 3x weekly service (adding Thursdays) beginning on November 2 for winter travel. The other new route, SEA-LGW, will launch on September 17 with year-round 4x weekly service on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Tickets on these new routes are now bookable, with fares between both of the US cities and London starting at $199 one-way in economy and $839 one-way in Premium, including taxes.
These new transatlantic flights will be operated by Norwegian’s 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft, which offers 35 Premium seats with 19 inches of width and 46 inches of pitch in a 2-3-2 configuration. The aircraft also offers 309 economy seats with 17.2 inches of width and 31-32 inches of pitch in a 3-3-3 configuration.
The two new markets, DEN and SEA, are huge for Norwegian, as it continues its expansion on the West Coast. With the start of a London route, the options are still open for the carrier to expand even more to other European and UK airports from the two cities. And while $199 one-way fares might not be as sweet sounding as the carrier’s $65 one-way flights between the East Coast and Europe, there could still be plenty of deals to be found with these new low-cost fares.
For DEN- and SEA-based flyers who may have seen our Deal Alerts about Norwegian’s pricing before, these fares could open up your low-cost options to get to Europe. However, keep in mind that Norwegian is a low-cost carrier, so you may be charged for some of the things that may be complimentary on other airlines. That being said, even though it’s a low-cost option, both TPG himself and Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig enjoyed their experience in the Premium cabin, and the economy cabin offers a perfectly comfortable option when crossing the Atlantic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees