Norwegian to Begin Service From New West Coast Cities — Fares Starting at $199 One-Way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since Norwegian Air began flying transatlantic routes between Europe and the US, its network in the US has grown rapidly. In fact, the Bærum, Norway-based carrier flies or has announced plans to fly between 11 US cities and Europe (not including San Juan and St. Croix) — the newest of which being between Newburgh (SWF), Providence (PVD) and Hartford (BDL) to several cities in the UK. Now, as Norwegian’s CEO Bjørn Kjos hinted at earlier this year, Norwegian will expand its transatlantic ventures between more US cities on the West Coast and Europe.
Beginning this September, Norwegian will offer new, nonstop service from both Denver (DEN) and Seattle (SEA) to London’s Gatwick Airport (LGW). Flights between DEN-LGW will launch on September 16 with 2x weekly service on Tuesdays and Saturdays during the summer season and 3x weekly service (adding Thursdays) beginning on November 2 for winter travel. The other new route, SEA-LGW, will launch on September 17 with year-round 4x weekly service on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Tickets on these new routes are now bookable, with fares between both of the US cities and London starting at $199 one-way in economy and $839 one-way in Premium, including taxes.
These new transatlantic flights will be operated by Norwegian’s 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft, which offers 35 Premium seats with 19 inches of width and 46 inches of pitch in a 2-3-2 configuration. The aircraft also offers 309 economy seats with 17.2 inches of width and 31-32 inches of pitch in a 3-3-3 configuration.
The two new markets, DEN and SEA, are huge for Norwegian, as it continues its expansion on the West Coast. With the start of a London route, the options are still open for the carrier to expand even more to other European and UK airports from the two cities. And while $199 one-way fares might not be as sweet sounding as the carrier’s $65 one-way flights between the East Coast and Europe, there could still be plenty of deals to be found with these new low-cost fares.
For DEN- and SEA-based flyers who may have seen our Deal Alerts about Norwegian’s pricing before, these fares could open up your low-cost options to get to Europe. However, keep in mind that Norwegian is a low-cost carrier, so you may be charged for some of the things that may be complimentary on other airlines. That being said, even though it’s a low-cost option, both TPG himself and Editor-in-Chief Zach Honig enjoyed their experience in the Premium cabin, and the economy cabin offers a perfectly comfortable option when crossing the Atlantic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.