You Can Now Book JetBlue’s New Transcon Mint Flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
About a year ago, JetBlue shared the details of a major expansion of its beloved Mint product to many more transcontinental and Caribbean routes. Though you’ve been able to book Mint seats on flights between Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Los Angeles (LAX) and San Francisco (SFO), the airline hadn’t released any other information on when the rest of the routes would be available — until now.
Today, JetBlue has shared when you’ll (finally) be able to fly Mint on the following routes:
- New York (JFK) to Las Vegas (LAS) — first Mint seats available November 6, 2017; available as of November 10 on a second daily flight
- New York (JFK) to San Diego (SAN) — first Mint seats available August 15, 2017; available as of October 10 on a second daily flight
- Boston (BOS) to San Diego (SAN) — first Mint seats available December 10, 2017; available as of December 20 on a second daily flight
The carrier is staggering the rollout of planes equipped with Mint seats on these routes, so if you’re planning to book a ticket before the premium product is available on the second daily frequency, make sure that you’re selecting the correct flight. Here are some sample prices we’ve found in cash (and TrueBlue points) for each of the new routes that are bookable:
New York (JFK) to Las Vegas (LAS) for $1,098 or 83,000 points + $11 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to San Diego (SAN) for $1,196 or 90,600 points + $11 round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to San Diego (SAN) for $1,096 or 82,800 points + $11 round-trip:
You’re not yet able to book Mint seats on the carrier’s flights between Boston (BOS) and New York (JFK) and Seattle (SEA), though those two routes were highlighted in last year’s announcement of the premium expansion.
Are you planning on booking a Mint seat on any of these routes?
H/T: USA Today
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.