Visiting PeaceJam Ghana and Checking in With the Village Where I’m a Traditional Chief
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If there’s one thing I know, travel breaks down barriers. And as you meet people from around the world and experience different cultures, you remember that we are all one human race.
What’s happening with PeaceJam in Ghana is truly something special. Each time I go back, I see how the reach of PeaceJam has grown and how it’s changed the lives of each child who’s gotten involved. Last time I was in Ghana, I was actually crowned a traditional chief — my official name, Nene Kwesi Mateu Tsu I. And since it’d been a couple of months since I’d last visited, it was the perfect time to circle back to Accra and Krobo to see what the PeaceJammers were up to and how Krobo was doing. I even got to meet someone very special — the president of Ghana!
Check out the video below to see my return to PeaceJam Ghana and Krobo as a traditional chief:
For more great TPGtv videos in our new, shorter format, check out the first 25 videos from our second season:
Review: The Mövenpick Abassador Hotel Accra, Ghana
Review: Protea Hotel North Wharf in Cape Town, South Africa
Spotlight on a PeaceJam Nobel Laureate: Betty Williams Q&A
How PeaceJam Saves Lives: Scenes From Cape Town
Grand Cayman: A Blast From My Past
Talking Travel With Chef Eric Ripert
Hotel Review: Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
The Luxury of the Grand Cayman Cookout with the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Card
The Ultimate Sundance Film Festival Experience
Flying First Class on ANA’s Star Wars Jet For (Almost) Free
Everything You Need to Know About Shopping For, Making and Eating Sushi in Tokyo
Review: Inside My Jaw-Dropping Suite at the Andaz Tokyo Hotel
Review: A Comfortable Stay at the St. Regis Osaka Hotel
What to Eat, Drink and Do in Osaka
9 Things to Try on Your Next Trip to Tokyo
Inside the Grand Hyatt Tokyo, Roppongi
Where to See Stunning Cherry Blossoms in Tokyo and Osaka
Dramatic Drone Shots Over Tokyo
Inside Tokyo’s Bizarre Robot Restaurant
7 Dishes You Must Try in Tokyo
Inside the “Lost in Translation” Hotel: Park Hyatt Tokyo
Which is the Best Hyatt in Tokyo: Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt or Andaz?
18 Ways Singapore Suites Will Blow Your Mind
Inside LAX’s Secret Celebrity Lounge
How to Book Singapore Suites in 90 Seconds
Can’t wait to see what I’m working on next? Follow along with all my travel adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat for a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming up on TPGtv, and don’t forget to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube — you’ll be notified as soon as each new episode appears.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.