This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Be sure to bookmark this post, as we’ll be updating it through Cyber Monday 2016. If you spot a deal that isn’t listed below please share it in the comments. Also, see our Black Friday hotel deal roundup here.
Just as we saw last year, this year’s frenzy of Black Friday deals extend far beyond clothing and electronics — they apply to airlines, too. Below, you’ll find a round-up of the offers available through major global carriers. Make sure to use a credit card that maximizes your purchase if you decide to jump on any of these fares!
Air New Zealand
Until 11:59pm PST on November 28, you can save up to $400 on economy and premium economy fares and up $1,000 off Business Premier fares with Air New Zealand’s sale— note that these discounts only apply to flights from the US. Sample round-trip fares include $798 from Los Angeles or San Francisco to Auckland in economy, and $3,599 on the same route in business. You could also book Los Angeles to Rarotonga in the Cook Islands for $1,998 round-trip in business. While you only have one day to book these discounted fares, eligible travel dates extend through October 31, 2017.
Alaska’s “biggest sale of the year” launched Sunday night, and the airline’s Cyber Monday savings include one-way fares for as little as $39. You could reserve a seat on the carrier’s new transcon service from San Diego to Newark for just $149 one-way, or fly nonstop from the West Coast to Hawaii for $169 and up one-way. Book by December 5 to lock in the discounts, and use the fare calendar to find dates with the lowest prices (they’re available well into 2017).
While this deal comes courtesy of an airline, it’ll actually save you on a hotel stay rather than your plane tickets. As BA CEO Alex Cruz mentioned when he caught up with TPG recently, the carrier’s offering three free nights at participating hotels in London to 1,000 lucky Black Friday shoppers. To get in on the deal, you’ll need to book an overnight flight departing from the US on either January 10 or January 14, 2017. The offer runs through November 27, and you’ll want to act fast since it’s limited to just 1,000 passengers. Note that you must purchase your airfare at ba.com to be eligible.
Here are the terms from BA:
London for FREE
With a strong US dollar, and 3 FREE nights in London, there’s never been a better time to visit the UK. Now through November 27, buy 2 tickets* to London and get 3 FREE hotel nights.
• Valid on overnight round-trip flights departing on Jan 10 or 14, 2017, arriving Jan 11 or 15, 2017.
• 3 FREE nights double occupancy at one of the 4 star hotels featured below.
• Deal includes continental breakfast daily and a complimentary Oyster card for travel on London tube, buses and trains included. Limited to first 1,000 customers.
Ends Nov 27 or sooner if offer is fully booked.
And here’s how to book:
1. Choose your flights on ba.com (for arrival in London on January 11 or 15, 2017) and agree to the terms and conditions.
2. From the ‘Add to your flights’ page in the ‘Add a hotel to your booking’ section, click ‘See all hotels’.
3. Enter your hotel stay dates (January 11 or 15, 2017 stays only).
4. Choose your hotel from those available in our offer. You will notice that a line of red text appears by each of our selected hotels to advise you that up to three free nights has been included in the total price, if you click on the ‘total price’ you will be able to see how much you are saving on your booking.
5. Select one of our FREE* hotels, continue to the payment screen and complete your booking.
6. Please note: you are unable to add additional nights or reduce the duration of your stay. This offer is for a 3 consecutive night hotel stay only.
British Airways is also offering exceptional business-class fares, which you can see detailed in this post.
Hong Kong-based carrier Cathay Pacific is offering up to 30% off economy and premium economy flights, as well as up to 20% off first-class fares and up to 40% off business-class tickets. You could nab a round-trip flight from Boston, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco to Asia for as little as $651, and you’ll earn at least 500 bonus Asia Miles for each booking. This sale runs through Wednesday, November 30.
Now through November 28, Delta is offering domestic award flights for as little as 5,000 miles each way. Eligible travel dates are from December 12, 2016 to June 23, 2017 (note that some blackout dates apply). You could score a round-trip between Los Angeles and Seattle for 10,000 miles or a round-trip between New York and West Palm Beach for 20,000 miles. Though the promo is limited to flights within the US, it does include trips to Alaska and Hawaii. And since Delta no longer publishes award charts, it’s unclear how much of a steal these award prices truly are. Still, if you’re able to find a cheap flight on your desired and you have SkyMiles to burn, it could be worth booking before this offer is over.
Now through Tuesday, November 29, El Al is offering round-trip flights from the US to Israel for $699 and up. The lowest fares apply for flights from Boston; flights from New York start at $749 and those from Los Angeles are going for $899 and up. The sale only applies to round-trip, economy fares for travel between January 8 and March 31, 2017.
On Cyber Monday (November 28), Fiji Airways is running a 24-hour sale with 50% off flights from the US to Nadi, Fiji (NAN). During the sale, round-trip flights from Honolulu will go for $689 and up, and those from Los Angeles and San Francisco will cost $789 and up. Eligible travel dates vary by departure city, but generally run from early December through March (San Francisco has the most restrictive dates of the three US cities).
You might not be familiar with this Indonesian carrier, but it offers an excellent business-class product. With the current Black Friday sale, you can get up to 50% off tickets, depending on your destination and class of service. Round-trip flights in business start at 1,111 GBP (~$1,387) for routes such as London to Melbourne and London to Singapore. First-class flights are a bit pricier — you’ll pay 2,015 GBP (~$2,515) for a round-trip between London and Jakarta or 2,369 GBP (~$2,957) between London and Singapore — but that’s a heck of a deal for international first class. Book by November 30 to get the discounted fares, and note that eligible travel dates are from now through June 30, 2017.
Korean Air advertised a two-day Cyber Sale starting on Sunday, November 27, however we haven’t been able to locate any details. If you’re interested in booking with this discount, log in to your Korean Air account and search for flights to see if sale fares are available.
Through Cyber Monday, Singapore’s offering discounted round-trip economy fares between the US and Changi airport (SIN). Flights from Los Angeles and San Francisco cost $675, while travel from New York and Houston is going for $699 — all for travel dates between January 10 and September 30, 2017. If you prefer a bit more space to stretch out, you could grab a premium economy seat on these same routes for as little as $1,325 round-trip.
While Turkey might not be all that high on your list currently, the country’s flagship airline is offering a fantastic sale for connecting flights to Europe, Asia and beyond. When you book on Black Friday (November 25), you’ll save 40% off the base fare on many flights. Depending on where you’re headed, you’ll still spend quite a bit. A round-trip flight from New York to the Maldives will run you $4,337 in business class with the sale ($6,817 without), but a round-trip business-class flight to Bangkok can be had for $2,007 ($2,927 without the sale). Blackout dates apply, but the good news is that the sale is valid for both economy and business class, and for travel through April 15, 2017.
Now through 6am PT on November 29, you can book Virgin America flights for up to 30% off when you use the promo code TINYFARES. Eligible travel dates are from December 10, 2016 to March 4, 2017. Fly economy round-trip between New York and Los Angeles in mid-January for as little as $258 or Los Angeles to Cancun for $278 in late February. The carrier’s pairing this discount with a $10 donation to support animal welfare programs for every booking made during the Cyber Monday sale.
Which of these Black Friday/Cyber Monday airfare deals are you most excited about?
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.