This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend that you use Google Flights to find dates with cheap fares, then head to Norwegian’s website to enter the promotion code and book with the discount.
And the amazing Black Friday airfare deals keep rolling in…
British Airways just launched a business-class fare sale to Europe. You’ll need to book travel for two people in order to take advantage of these fares, so this sale isn’t ideal for business travel. Travel dates are from December 10 through January 14, 2017, and again from June 20 through August 29, 2017, so this could be a good option for summer travel to Europe.
We found the lowest fares (starting at $1,389 round-trip per person) from New York, but you can also originate in Boston or Washington, D.C. Chicago, Miami and other cities appear to be available for a few hundred dollars more. European destinations include London, Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Amsterdam, Rome, Venice and more.
Note that you’ll need to be an AARP member in order to take advantage of the fares below, though anyone can join starting at $16 per year. The $400 AARP discount is only valid through March 2017, so you’ll pay more for summer departures. However, the 10% Visa discount (which only applies to BA and OpenSkies flights) is valid through the end of 2017. See this post for booking instructions.
Airline: British Airways and Oneworld partners (American, Iberia and OpenSkies)
Route: Flights to Europe
Deal: $1,389+ round-trip in business class
Dates: December 10, 2016 through January 14, 2017, and June 20 through August 29, 2017
Booking Link: British Airways (and AARP)
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book (note that the fares below are for two passengers):
New York to Barcelona (BCN) for $1,389 round-trip in business class on British Airways:
New York to Barcelona (BCN) for $1,480 round-trip in business class on American:
New York to Paris (ORY) for $1,397 round-trip in business class on OpenSkies:
New York to Madrid (MAD) for $1,485 round-trip in business class on Iberia:
Boston (BOS) to London (LHR) for $1,593 round-trip in business class on British Airways:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
H/T: One Mile at a Time
If you’re able to score one of these tickets, please share the good news in the comments below!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards