This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways has been trimming both its flight operations as well as its in-flight amenities. However, the airline is offering a lucrative promotion for those flying across the Atlantic in the next few months. After you register for the offer, you’ll earn triple Avios for each round-trip flight (up to four total) between Europe and North America between September 6 and December 11, 2016. You don’t have to be flying exclusively with BA to earn the triple Avios, either. Flights operated by American Airlines, Finnair and Iberia are will also earn the bonus Avios in this promotion.
The best part about this promotion is that all paid tickets will earn the triple Avios bonus, no matter the fare class. With this promo, tickets booked in the lowest fare classes (Q, O and G) will earn 75% redeemable miles instead of the usual 25%, while the highest fare class (F) will earn a whopping 900% redeemable miles instead of the normal 300%.
If you’re planning on flying across the Atlantic in the next few months, you should definitely consider registering for this promotion, especially if you’ll be booking a premium-class ticket. Remember, too, that you can earn even more Avios by signing up for the British Airways Visa Signature Card, which is currently offering a sign-up bonus of 50,000 Avios after spending $3,000 within the first three months of account opening.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards