This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways operates one of the world’s most unique, exclusive and sought-after routes: New York (JFK) to London City Airport (LCY), on which the airline flies Airbus A318s equipped with only 32 lie-flat business-class seats. As of now, BA operates this route 11 times per week, however starting on October 30, 2016, the frequency will be reduced to just 6 times weekly.
This reduction in service comes after BA announced it would be eliminating some amenities in its Club World business-class product as well as reducing meal service in economy on some transatlantic flights. It hasn’t been said explicitly that this cut in service is a result of Britain’s ‘Brexit’ decision, but it’s reasonable to come to that conclusion, as this route primarily serves finance professionals in both cities.
Have you had the chance to fly BA’s exclusive A318 service between New York and London?
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards