This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
British Airways operates one of the world’s most unique, exclusive and sought-after routes: New York (JFK) to London City Airport (LCY), on which the airline flies Airbus A318s equipped with only 32 lie-flat business-class seats. As of now, BA operates this route 11 times per week, however starting on October 30, 2016, the frequency will be reduced to just 6 times weekly.
This reduction in service comes after BA announced it would be eliminating some amenities in its Club World business-class product as well as reducing meal service in economy on some transatlantic flights. It hasn’t been said explicitly that this cut in service is a result of Britain’s ‘Brexit’ decision, but it’s reasonable to come to that conclusion, as this route primarily serves finance professionals in both cities.
Have you had the chance to fly BA’s exclusive A318 service between New York and London?
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
H/T: One Mile At a Time
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.