This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What’s the quirkiest place you’ve ever been to? Take that, multiply it by 1,000 and you’ll get Tokyo’s Robot Restaurant, a whimsical dinner theater where you can watch bikini-clad warriors save the world from invading alien robots — plus performances by Japanese singers, go-go dancers, Taiko drummers and Samurai along with a few other characters. Note that while it’s technically a restaurant, the food wasn’t that great, so I’d recommend eating at one of these restaurants instead — the bar upstairs was fun though and it’s more about the entertainment here anyway. Check out the video below for an inside look at one of Tokyo’s most memorable shows.
For more great TPGtv videos in our new, shorter format, check out the first six videos from our second season:
7 Dishes You Must Try in Tokyo
Inside the “Lost in Translation” Hotel: Park Hyatt Tokyo
Which is the Best Hyatt in Tokyo: Park Hyatt, Grand Hyatt or Andaz?
18 Ways Singapore Suites Will Blow Your Mind
Inside LAX’s Secret Celebrity Lounge
How to Book Singapore Suites in 90 Seconds
Can’t wait to see what I’m working on next? Follow along with all my travel adventures on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat for a behind-the-scenes look at what’s coming up on TPGtv, and don’t forget to subscribe to The Points Guy on YouTube — you’ll be notified as soon as each new episode appears.
Book discounted tickets to Tokyo’s Robot Restaurant here.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards