This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The HondaJet is a light business jet designed in Japan and now available with a list price of $4.5 million. It has a range of just under 1,400 miles, so while it’s certainly on the smaller side, passengers won’t be on board for long.
The HondaJet was designed with “affordability” in mind — not only is the plane relatively inexpensive, it can also be flown by just one pilot, if you so choose.
The plane has a state-of-the-art Garmin glass cockpit.
While the cabin might feel a little cramped (more on that in a bit), the cockpit is fairly comfy.
In its standard configuration, the plane can accommodate four passengers.
Passengers face each other, with two facing forward and two facing toward the back.
You can also add an optional fifth seat to the main cabin, and if only one pilot is flying the plane, a sixth passenger can sit up front.
Each seat has a cup holder, but don’t expect many “frills” beyond that.
There is a large tray table that folds out from under the window on each side of the plane, which you’ll share with the person sitting across.
Air vents and overhead reading lamps are available as well.
And there’s a commode, but given the tight quarters on board, you’ll probably want to use the bathroom before you board.
There’s also a sink — the lav is located at the far back of the cabin.
Overall, the HondaJet is pretty slick given its (relatively) low price tag. It’s designed for short hops, but if the plane’s limited range works for you, it’s worth giving this thing a look.
See below for more from Farnborough 2016:
- Bumping into British PM David Cameron at the Farnborough Air Show
- Tour Boeing’s Brand New 737 MAX, Launching with Southwest in 2017
- Inside the E2, Embraer’s Next-Gen Regional Jet
- Touring the Bombardier CSeries Jet, Now Flying with Swiss
- Watch an F-35 Fighter Jet Hover at the 2016 Farnborough Air Show
- Check Out Qatar’s All-Business-Class Airbus A319 Jet
- Inside the Gulfstream G650, One of the World’s Fastest Business Jets
- Explore Qatar Airways’ Incredible Gulfstream G650 Private Jet
- Take a Look Inside Honda’s $4.5 Million Private Jet
- Comparing Economy Seat Pitch, from 29 to 34 Inches
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.