Hotel Review: King Deluxe Beach Villa At The Conrad Maldives Hotel On Rangali Island
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here
This is the latest post in the series from my recent “Around the World” trip to the Maldives, India and Dubai. Follow along to read my reviews on several different aspects of my trip. Other posts in this series include: Quick Singapore Layover & Singapore Airlines A330 Business Class to Male, Maldives, Flight Review: EVA Air New York-JFK-Tapei Royal Laurel Class, Hotel Review: Maldives Airport Hulhule Island Hotel, Flight Review: Trans Maldivian Airways Seaplane from Male to Rangali Island, Advance Upgrade Options for My Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Stay and Seaplane Transfer Costs and Are The Maldives Worth It?
After traveling for nearly two days, I was really looking forward to getting to the Conrad Maldives Hotel on Rangali Island, which I had been able to book on pre-devaluation Hilton points and also one of my free weekend nights from the sign-up bonus on the Citi Hilton Reserve card. At the time I booked my reservation, I was able to reserve it for 50,000 Hilton points a night, which is incredible considering the base rooms go for over $1,000 a night.
For the first night, I paid to upgrade to a Deluxe Beach Villa, but in all honestly I do not think the upgrade is worth $400+ a night to simply have a larger room with a pool. All units are beachfront, so if you’re going to stay on the island, I’d just stick with a normal guest room. I do believe the Overwater Villas are amazing, but not worth it if the weather isn’t nice- and I had 3 days of constant rain, but more on that later.
The King Deluxe Beach Villa is a 30o square-meter/3,229-square-foot beachfront villa, with a garden, “bathing pavilion” and its own pool. There are 42 of them on the resort and they all have floor-to-ceiling windows on all four sides so that the ocean breezes flow in, as do the scents of the tropical flowers from the gardens. The King Deluxe Beach Villas are a step up from a base room, but even the most basic rooms here looked gorgeous. The resort is on two different islands, the other side was more secluded with an exclusive adults-only area and some nice restaurants, but pretty much anywhere you go is incredible.
My villa had fresh white-washed walls, was surrounded by a garden exotic plants I’ve never seen before, even had its own sunken plunge pool and it was just a few steps through lush vegetation to the white sandy beach. It was decorated in blues and turquoises that kept with the water theme and added to the tranquility.
The only negative was that the only shower was outdoors, and it it did rain some of the time we were staying here, which made bathing awkward. Also, there were moments when some of the rain actually leaked through into the room a little bit, but that didn’t deter me from enjoying the room, and when the weather was nice, things were perfect.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees