Amazing Deal: American Airlines Double Elite Qualifying Miles Promo Nov 1- Dec 31!
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Color me shocked, but American Airlines just announced a double elite qualifying mile promotion for travel November 1, 2012 thru December 31, 2012. Additionally, you receive double AAdvantage (regular) miles for travel between November 16 and 26, 2012. To register for the promotion, click here, login and enter promo code AATHX. I have to say, this is a certainly a very nice way to say “sorry” for their recent operational woes.
The rules are similar to when they a similar promotion last December/January (that allowed me to reach Executive Platinum by February of this year).
- Valid for all purchased tickets (read: not award tickets) on American Airlines, American Eagle and the American Connection® carrier marketed and operated flights from November 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012. Flights operated by our codeshare partners or oneworld alliance carriers are not eligible for this promotion.
- Tavel booked prior to the start date of this promotion is eligible.
- Offer is good on all segments flown- including one-way, round-trip, circle trip or trips including open jaws.
- Registration prior to midnight CT December 31, 2012 is required and all travel in the promo period will be credited retroactively.
- Bonus elite qualifying miles or points will count towards your 2013 membership year.
- This offer does not increment the member’s prize eligible mileage balance or Million Miler status.
- Double elite-qualifying miles and points will be calculated at 100% of the base miles or points earned, respectively.
- The initial posting of double elite qualifying miles and points will be posted to the account of the traveling AAdvantage member within 3-4 weeks after qualifying activity posts to your account. Thereafter, the postings will occur weekly. However, even if the elite qualifying miles post in 2013, it will still count towards 2012 qualification- so only worry about when you flight takes place. Any flight that departs December 31 will count towards 2012 qualification.
- Promotion does not apply to travel on mileage award tickets or fares that are ineligible for AAdvantage mileage accrual.
- The elite tier you qualify for in 2012 will give you status until February 2014. 25,000 elite qualifying miles = Gold, 50,000 = Platinum, 100,000 = Executive Platinum
The same basic rules apply for the double miles promotion for November 16-26- except those miles are regular miles that can be redeemed for award travel- you still get the double EQMs and the double miles, so its a huge earning opportunity for those traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday- you may want to reconsider booking the reasonable business class fares to Europe if they’re still available for your market. You can then also register for American’s bonus for premium flights to Europe until January 31, 2013 as well as the triple BusinessExtrAA points for premium flights to Europe.
This is a huge opportunity to achieve an elite level that you’ve never historically been able to hit. Personally, I think AA Gold and Platinum are lackluster, but Executive Platinum is pretty amazing. If this promo puts you anywhere within striking distance 100,000 Elite Qualifying Miles needed for Executive Platinum, I say go for it! The biggest perk is that you’ll get 8 EVIP systemwide upgrades that will be valid until February 2014. The beauty of these systemwide upgrades is that you can buy the cheapest coach fare and upgrade to business class- even on international flights. These are much more lucrative than Delta’s systemwides which require super-expensive Y,B,M fares or United’s that require W or higher (and of which you only get 6).
I just looked up fares for JFK-London over Thanksgiving and sadly I’m no longer seeing the $1,700 all-in business class roundtrips, so I’m not sure if I’ll really be maximizing this promotion unless something better comes along or another carrier matches. Airlines are known to be copy-cats, so I hope others hop into the fray- I could really use some double Delta Medallion Qualifying miles so I can maximize my rollover for 2013! NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200 CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.