Amazing Deal Alert: 50,000 Extra Amex Points for Using Gold and Premier Rewards Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Offer expired September 8, 2011.
This week I got my Premier Rewards Gold card in the mail and its already paying off in more ways than one.
First off, the $175 fee is waived for the first year. The special sign-up bonus through my site is 15,000 Amex points (if you see most other banners on the internet, including Flyertalk and other blogs- it’s only a 10k offer), plus I added 5 users for free for 50,000 points as described in this post.
I also confirmed this morning, that as a new Premier Rewards Gold card member, I am eligible for bonus ID
5985 6661, which gives me 75,000 total sign-up points instead of the 15,000, after I spend $1,000 within 3 months. Easy. This tip was highlighted in this post and I can confirm it still works as of today
Then, today I read a post on Mommy Points talking about an extra 50,000 points for simply using your card 15 times a month from July-November 2012 (Update: a reader told me its good until November 2012, so it looks like I’ll get 50k points after all!)
Update: This is only for new cardmembers from July 1, 2011 and after.
I called at 8:30am today (Friday August 12) and the same friendly rep who confirmed my bump bonus, confirmed the 50,000 bonus ID 6664. She notated my account so there would be no issues getting the points, even if they don’t post automatically. She seriously could not have been friendlier. My understanding is that this will also work for the regular Gold card, so it can’t hurt to ask- even if you have a Business Gold. Please report for your experience in the comments section so others can learn from your experience.
So, for literally $0 I ended up with 175,000 American Express Membership Rewards points for my Premier Rewards Gold card. Plus, the card itself is pretty awesome. You earn 3x points on airfare (you do not have to book through Amex), 2x on gas and groceries and 1x on everything else. Plus, you get an extra 15,000 points when you hit $30,000 in spend every calendar year.
Have I said how much I love this card yet???
While the 50k Authorized Cardholder deal seems like it may be winding down (Amex is now telling people its only for Argentinian cardholders), the 75k bumped bonus and up to 50k is still active.
125,000 Amex points for a fee-waived Premier Rewards Gold card is still an amazing deal no matter how you look at it!
As always, if you could use my link below when applying for the Premier Rewards card, I’d greatly appreciate it (you need to be logged out of your Amex account before you click the link or else the offer won’t show). Feel free to report your success in the comments section.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees