Amazing Deal Alert: 50,000 Extra Amex Points for Using Gold and Premier Rewards Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Offer expired September 8, 2011.
This week I got my Premier Rewards Gold card in the mail and its already paying off in more ways than one.
First off, the $175 fee is waived for the first year. The special sign-up bonus through my site is 15,000 Amex points (if you see most other banners on the internet, including Flyertalk and other blogs- it’s only a 10k offer), plus I added 5 users for free for 50,000 points as described in this post.
I also confirmed this morning, that as a new Premier Rewards Gold card member, I am eligible for bonus ID
5985 6661, which gives me 75,000 total sign-up points instead of the 15,000, after I spend $1,000 within 3 months. Easy. This tip was highlighted in this post and I can confirm it still works as of today
Then, today I read a post on Mommy Points talking about an extra 50,000 points for simply using your card 15 times a month from July-November 2012 (Update: a reader told me its good until November 2012, so it looks like I’ll get 50k points after all!)
Update: This is only for new cardmembers from July 1, 2011 and after.
I called at 8:30am today (Friday August 12) and the same friendly rep who confirmed my bump bonus, confirmed the 50,000 bonus ID 6664. She notated my account so there would be no issues getting the points, even if they don’t post automatically. She seriously could not have been friendlier. My understanding is that this will also work for the regular Gold card, so it can’t hurt to ask- even if you have a Business Gold. Please report for your experience in the comments section so others can learn from your experience.
So, for literally $0 I ended up with 175,000 American Express Membership Rewards points for my Premier Rewards Gold card. Plus, the card itself is pretty awesome. You earn 3x points on airfare (you do not have to book through Amex), 2x on gas and groceries and 1x on everything else. Plus, you get an extra 15,000 points when you hit $30,000 in spend every calendar year.
Have I said how much I love this card yet???
While the 50k Authorized Cardholder deal seems like it may be winding down (Amex is now telling people its only for Argentinian cardholders), the 75k bumped bonus and up to 50k is still active.
125,000 Amex points for a fee-waived Premier Rewards Gold card is still an amazing deal no matter how you look at it!
As always, if you could use my link below when applying for the Premier Rewards card, I’d greatly appreciate it (you need to be logged out of your Amex account before you click the link or else the offer won’t show). Feel free to report your success in the comments section.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.