Amazing Deal Alert: 50,000 Extra Amex Points for Using Gold and Premier Rewards Cards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express
Offer expired September 8, 2011.
This week I got my Premier Rewards Gold card in the mail and its already paying off in more ways than one.
First off, the $175 fee is waived for the first year. The special sign-up bonus through my site is 15,000 Amex points (if you see most other banners on the internet, including Flyertalk and other blogs- it’s only a 10k offer), plus I added 5 users for free for 50,000 points as described in this post.
I also confirmed this morning, that as a new Premier Rewards Gold card member, I am eligible for bonus ID
5985 6661, which gives me 75,000 total sign-up points instead of the 15,000, after I spend $1,000 within 3 months. Easy. This tip was highlighted in this post and I can confirm it still works as of today
Then, today I read a post on Mommy Points talking about an extra 50,000 points for simply using your card 15 times a month from July-November 2012 (Update: a reader told me its good until November 2012, so it looks like I’ll get 50k points after all!)
Update: This is only for new cardmembers from July 1, 2011 and after.
I called at 8:30am today (Friday August 12) and the same friendly rep who confirmed my bump bonus, confirmed the 50,000 bonus ID 6664. She notated my account so there would be no issues getting the points, even if they don’t post automatically. She seriously could not have been friendlier. My understanding is that this will also work for the regular Gold card, so it can’t hurt to ask- even if you have a Business Gold. Please report for your experience in the comments section so others can learn from your experience.
So, for literally $0 I ended up with 175,000 American Express Membership Rewards points for my Premier Rewards Gold card. Plus, the card itself is pretty awesome. You earn 3x points on airfare (you do not have to book through Amex), 2x on gas and groceries and 1x on everything else. Plus, you get an extra 15,000 points when you hit $30,000 in spend every calendar year.
Have I said how much I love this card yet???
While the 50k Authorized Cardholder deal seems like it may be winding down (Amex is now telling people its only for Argentinian cardholders), the 75k bumped bonus and up to 50k is still active.
125,000 Amex points for a fee-waived Premier Rewards Gold card is still an amazing deal no matter how you look at it!
As always, if you could use my link below when applying for the Premier Rewards card, I’d greatly appreciate it (you need to be logged out of your Amex account before you click the link or else the offer won’t show). Feel free to report your success in the comments section.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees