It Never Hurts to Ask: Possible 100,000 Point Payday for Amex Platinum Cardholders
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Amex has strongly cracked down on these bonus IDs, so I no longer recommend applying if you only want the increased bonus
As I’ve written about in the past, one of my favorite ways to earn points is simply by asking. I certainly do not encourage people to needlessly complain to get points, but I do think leveraging your loyalty to increase your point wealth is fair game. This type of relationship happens every day in the business world – companies always ask vendors to lower prices if they buy in bulk or refer their business. I see no difference with credit card companies and high-end customers. If you use your credit card a ton and pay on time, then why not ask for a little love here and there?
Recently, several TPG readers have emailed me saying they’ve been able to ask American Express to give them an extra 50,000 points, because there was a little known promotion that was offering a sign up of 100,000 points. If you’ve recently gotten a Platinum card (and I know a lot of you have), it can’t hurt to either call or send Amex a message through the secure message center (when you log into your Americanexpress.com account you’ll see a message box with X amount of unread messages displayed on your home screen), asking for the 50,000 point difference. I would be as nice as possible (throw in how much you love the Platinum card and all of the benefits) and ask for them point difference as a gesture of goodwill. Mention the 100k promo Offer ID: 3882 or 5748 . For more information on this topic, check out this Flyertalk thread.
Premier Rewards 75k bump code: 5985
Don’t get upset if this doesn’t work out, but considering it will only take 2 minutes of your time to do it, it’s worth a shot. Please feel free to report your experience in the comments section.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees