You Need Just $7.9 Million to Buy This Island Off the Coast of England
KeKe, do you love me… and my island fortress off the coast of England?
Hope so, because Drake’s Island is for sale. No, we’re not talking about Drake the rapper, but the Sir Francis Drake, the English explorer. Obviously.
The island is right off the coast of Plymouth, England, and originally served as a fort to protect the town from invaders. Looking at you, France and Spain. It’s also where the elder Drake kicked off his odyssey to circumnavigate the globe into high gear. Recently, owners have been planning to build a luxury hotel and spa complex, but if you have $7.9 million to spare, you can do with it what you please — and with six acres worth off odd buildings and pathways, we have a feeling you could have some fun with it. Oh, and did we mention the underground tunnels?
Plus, since you’ll only be a hop, skip and a jump away from the town of Plymouth and the rest of England, you presumably have the rest of the country at your fingertips when you’ve had enough isolation for the time being. It’s also home to one of Europe’s leading centers of marine science and technology.
Not convinced yet? Let Drake depart some words of wisdom upon you: YOLO.
Featured image courtesy JLL Properties.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.