This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
KeKe, do you love me… and my island fortress off the coast of England?
Hope so, because Drake’s Island is for sale. No, we’re not talking about Drake the rapper, but the Sir Francis Drake, the English explorer. Obviously.
The island is right off the coast of Plymouth, England, and originally served as a fort to protect the town from invaders. Looking at you, France and Spain. It’s also where the elder Drake kicked off his odyssey to circumnavigate the globe into high gear. Recently, owners have been planning to build a luxury hotel and spa complex, but if you have $7.9 million to spare, you can do with it what you please — and with six acres worth off odd buildings and pathways, we have a feeling you could have some fun with it. Oh, and did we mention the underground tunnels?
Plus, since you’ll only be a hop, skip and a jump away from the town of Plymouth and the rest of England, you presumably have the rest of the country at your fingertips when you’ve had enough isolation for the time being. It’s also home to one of Europe’s leading centers of marine science and technology.
Not convinced yet? Let Drake depart some words of wisdom upon you: YOLO.
Featured image courtesy JLL Properties.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards