You Need Just $7.9 Million to Buy This Island Off the Coast of England
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
KeKe, do you love me… and my island fortress off the coast of England?
Hope so, because Drake’s Island is for sale. No, we’re not talking about Drake the rapper, but the Sir Francis Drake, the English explorer. Obviously.
The island is right off the coast of Plymouth, England, and originally served as a fort to protect the town from invaders. Looking at you, France and Spain. It’s also where the elder Drake kicked off his odyssey to circumnavigate the globe into high gear. Recently, owners have been planning to build a luxury hotel and spa complex, but if you have $7.9 million to spare, you can do with it what you please — and with six acres worth off odd buildings and pathways, we have a feeling you could have some fun with it. Oh, and did we mention the underground tunnels?
Plus, since you’ll only be a hop, skip and a jump away from the town of Plymouth and the rest of England, you presumably have the rest of the country at your fingertips when you’ve had enough isolation for the time being. It’s also home to one of Europe’s leading centers of marine science and technology.
Not convinced yet? Let Drake depart some words of wisdom upon you: YOLO.
Featured image courtesy JLL Properties.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.