You Can Vacation Like Harry and Meghan in Fiji for Only $150 a Night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the Fiji stop of their post-marriage publicity tour, veteran economy-class flyers Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made another thrifty travel choice for their hotel stay. The royal couple stayed at the Grand Pacific Hotel — which has room listings for as low as $150 a night.
Maybe vacationing like royalty isn’t so far out of reach after all.
Well, it turns out this hotel is more than meets the eye. The Grand Pacific has had quite the history (and clientele) since it’s opening in 1914. Prince Edward first kicked off the tradition of royal stays in 1920. Ten other members of the Windsor family have since followed suit, including Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Princess Diana and more. The hotel has also been a favorite of Queen Elizabeth herself since her stay in 1953. They even named a suite after her, which she has since revisited five times.
The “Queen Elizabeth Suite” is likely where the newly minted Duke and Duchess of Sussex chose to stay. The room is currently listed for about $560 on Expedia and is decked out in Queen Elizabeth memorabilia. Overlooking Albert Park, it also has a single king-sized bed, a mini-fridge and a standing shower. It also boasts the perfect balcony from which smile and wave at your adoring public.
As for the rest of the hotel, the Grand Pacific has a pool with an adjacent pool bar, two restaurants (one named after Prince Albert), two bars and an on-site bakery. It also has a gym, spa and a variety of different rooms to stay in. All-in-all, it’s just your standard hotel; it’s just been graced by royalty.
Featured image by Karwai Tang/WireImage via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.