You Can Vacation Like Harry and Meghan in Fiji for Only $150 a Night
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the Fiji stop of their post-marriage publicity tour, veteran economy-class flyers Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made another thrifty travel choice for their hotel stay. The royal couple stayed at the Grand Pacific Hotel — which has room listings for as low as $150 a night.
Maybe vacationing like royalty isn’t so far out of reach after all.
Well, it turns out this hotel is more than meets the eye. The Grand Pacific has had quite the history (and clientele) since it’s opening in 1914. Prince Edward first kicked off the tradition of royal stays in 1920. Ten other members of the Windsor family have since followed suit, including Prince Philip, Prince Charles, Princess Diana and more. The hotel has also been a favorite of Queen Elizabeth herself since her stay in 1953. They even named a suite after her, which she has since revisited five times.
The “Queen Elizabeth Suite” is likely where the newly minted Duke and Duchess of Sussex chose to stay. The room is currently listed for about $560 on Expedia and is decked out in Queen Elizabeth memorabilia. Overlooking Albert Park, it also has a single king-sized bed, a mini-fridge and a standing shower. It also boasts the perfect balcony from which smile and wave at your adoring public.
As for the rest of the hotel, the Grand Pacific has a pool with an adjacent pool bar, two restaurants (one named after Prince Albert), two bars and an on-site bakery. It also has a gym, spa and a variety of different rooms to stay in. All-in-all, it’s just your standard hotel; it’s just been graced by royalty.
Featured image by Karwai Tang/WireImage via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees