Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Flew in Economy’s Worst Seats
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
But newly engaged “it couple” Prince Harry and Meghan Markle sacrificed any special treatment and actually roughed it in economy, according to The Daily Mail. They took an early morning British Airways flight from London Heathrow (LHR) to Nice (NCE) on New Year’s Eve.
According to reports, the two boarded the regularly scheduled flight before any other passengers and took up three rows of economy seats near the toilets. Yes, a British prince and soon-to-be princess sat in some of the most dreaded seats of an airplane.
British Airways Flight 346 appeared to be a operated by a British Airways A321 according to Flight Radar 24.
SeatGuru ranks the last row on all BA A321’s as “bad seats” because of its lack of recline and proximity to the bathrooms. Three security guards accompanied the couple on their flight; Prince Harry opted for a window seat, while Markle sat next to him in a middle seat on the two-hour flight.
The two were reportedly visiting friends and planned on spending a few days in the city on France’s southern coast. It’s not the first time members of the Royal family have flown in coach. In 2014, Prince William twice flew economy on domestic US flights, from New York to Washington DC and then from Memphis to Dallas.
Photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees