Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Flew in Economy’s Worst Seats
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
But newly engaged “it couple” Prince Harry and Meghan Markle sacrificed any special treatment and actually roughed it in economy, according to The Daily Mail. They took an early morning British Airways flight from London Heathrow (LHR) to Nice (NCE) on New Year’s Eve.
According to reports, the two boarded the regularly scheduled flight before any other passengers and took up three rows of economy seats near the toilets. Yes, a British prince and soon-to-be princess sat in some of the most dreaded seats of an airplane.
British Airways Flight 346 appeared to be a operated by a British Airways A321 according to Flight Radar 24.
SeatGuru ranks the last row on all BA A321’s as “bad seats” because of its lack of recline and proximity to the bathrooms. Three security guards accompanied the couple on their flight; Prince Harry opted for a window seat, while Markle sat next to him in a middle seat on the two-hour flight.
The two were reportedly visiting friends and planned on spending a few days in the city on France’s southern coast. It’s not the first time members of the Royal family have flown in coach. In 2014, Prince William twice flew economy on domestic US flights, from New York to Washington DC and then from Memphis to Dallas.
Photo by Karwai Tang/WireImage/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.