This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The happiest place on Earth just got a little happier. For adults over 21 years old, that is.
The Magic Kingdom park in Disney World just added wine and beer options (still no liquor), at three of its restaurants: the Plaza Restaurant, the Crystal Palace and the Diamond Horseshoe. All three of these eateries are table-service establishments and alcohol will only be allowed at these restaurants. To be served, you will have to sit down and enjoy a meal with your beverage; counter-service restaurants will not sell alcohol.
This isn’t the first time that alcohol has been allowed in the Magic Kingdom, though. In 2012, the park opened Be Our Guest, marking the first eatery to serve alcohol in the park. The introduction of this restaurant changed a decades-long policy that restricted alcohol in Disney World.
The beverages at these three restaurants were selected to complement the respective menu, according to a press release from Disney. From mimosas to IPAs, these restaurants are sure to become some of the hottest attractions for adults at Disney World.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees