This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The happiest place on Earth just got a little happier. For adults over 21 years old, that is.
The Magic Kingdom park in Disney World just added wine and beer options (still no liquor), at three of its restaurants: the Plaza Restaurant, the Crystal Palace and the Diamond Horseshoe. All three of these eateries are table-service establishments and alcohol will only be allowed at these restaurants. To be served, you will have to sit down and enjoy a meal with your beverage; counter-service restaurants will not sell alcohol.
This isn’t the first time that alcohol has been allowed in the Magic Kingdom, though. In 2012, the park opened Be Our Guest, marking the first eatery to serve alcohol in the park. The introduction of this restaurant changed a decades-long policy that restricted alcohol in Disney World.
The beverages at these three restaurants were selected to complement the respective menu, according to a press release from Disney. From mimosas to IPAs, these restaurants are sure to become some of the hottest attractions for adults at Disney World.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards