You Can Now Check-In to Popular Las Vegas Resorts on Your Smartphone
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
MGM Resorts International & Fueled announced Monday that guests can now check-in directly on their phones with the launch of a new resort app.
Guests at Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Aria and the other 10 MGM properties can use the MGM Resorts app to check-in on arrival and unlock their rooms with the same app. The app serves as a digital room key, so guests can unlock the door with just their phone. Or, you can scan the code at one of the key dispensers to print your room key. In a city that’s infamous for its hotel check-in wait times — some Vegas hotels take up two hours — the MGM app will definitely streamline the process. Guests can now go straight from the airport directly to their hotel rooms.
The app also serves as a guide to attractions around Las Vegas. You can pull up dining and event suggestions based around current booking, in addition to allowing reservations to be made through the app.
MGM’s check-in app comes amid a growing trend of hotels turning to smartphone technology to enhance customers’ experiences. Hilton also recently launched its “connected room” pilot, which allows guests to control the room’s features, such as room’s temperature, lighting, television entertainment, all through the Hilton Honors app on their phones.
The MGM Resorts app 5.0 update launches today and is available for download for iOS and Android for free.
If you’re itching to give the digital check-in a whirl, check out these Las Vegas discount packages as part of week four of the US Travel Association’s Daily Getaways promotion.
Featured Image by Westend61// Getty images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees