You Can Now Check-In to Popular Las Vegas Resorts on Your Smartphone
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
MGM Resorts International & Fueled announced Monday that guests can now check-in directly on their phones with the launch of a new resort app.
Guests at Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Aria and the other 10 MGM properties can use the MGM Resorts app to check-in on arrival and unlock their rooms with the same app. The app serves as a digital room key, so guests can unlock the door with just their phone. Or, you can scan the code at one of the key dispensers to print your room key. In a city that’s infamous for its hotel check-in wait times — some Vegas hotels take up two hours — the MGM app will definitely streamline the process. Guests can now go straight from the airport directly to their hotel rooms.
The app also serves as a guide to attractions around Las Vegas. You can pull up dining and event suggestions based around current booking, in addition to allowing reservations to be made through the app.
MGM’s check-in app comes amid a growing trend of hotels turning to smartphone technology to enhance customers’ experiences. Hilton also recently launched its “connected room” pilot, which allows guests to control the room’s features, such as room’s temperature, lighting, television entertainment, all through the Hilton Honors app on their phones.
The MGM Resorts app 5.0 update launches today and is available for download for iOS and Android for free.
If you’re itching to give the digital check-in a whirl, check out these Las Vegas discount packages as part of week four of the US Travel Association’s Daily Getaways promotion.
Featured Image by Westend61// Getty images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.