You Can Now Check-In to Popular Las Vegas Resorts on Your Smartphone
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
MGM Resorts International & Fueled announced Monday that guests can now check-in directly on their phones with the launch of a new resort app.
Guests at Bellagio, Mandalay Bay, Aria and the other 10 MGM properties can use the MGM Resorts app to check-in on arrival and unlock their rooms with the same app. The app serves as a digital room key, so guests can unlock the door with just their phone. Or, you can scan the code at one of the key dispensers to print your room key. In a city that’s infamous for its hotel check-in wait times — some Vegas hotels take up two hours — the MGM app will definitely streamline the process. Guests can now go straight from the airport directly to their hotel rooms.
The app also serves as a guide to attractions around Las Vegas. You can pull up dining and event suggestions based around current booking, in addition to allowing reservations to be made through the app.
MGM’s check-in app comes amid a growing trend of hotels turning to smartphone technology to enhance customers’ experiences. Hilton also recently launched its “connected room” pilot, which allows guests to control the room’s features, such as room’s temperature, lighting, television entertainment, all through the Hilton Honors app on their phones.
The MGM Resorts app 5.0 update launches today and is available for download for iOS and Android for free.
If you’re itching to give the digital check-in a whirl, check out these Las Vegas discount packages as part of week four of the US Travel Association’s Daily Getaways promotion.
Featured Image by Westend61// Getty images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees