This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all dog lovers! MUTTS Canine Cantina, a canine-friendly bar and restaurant with an off-leash dog park, is looking for a puppy-loving individual to take on the role as its first-ever Puptern. Mutts co-founder Kyle Noonan announced in a press release, “In this role, the Puptern will greet MUTTS members with a friendly face, while offering to play and pet with their dogs and that’s it — we Shih Tzu not!”
The restaurant, located in Fort Worth, Texas, is willing to pay the Puptern top dollar for their belly rubbing services. The lucky dog lover selected as the MUTTS Puptern will earn a sweet salary of $100 an hour. If that wasn’t enticing enough, the internship will also include free meals from the restaurant.
The Puptern will solely focus on playing with the pups, no poop scooping required. The cantina already employs “Bark Rangers” who do the dirty work, in addition to watching the dogs and supplying them with water.
“There aren’t many opportunities out there that pay interns to strictly play with dogs all day long,” Noonan said in the press release. The co-founder’s statement only makes me wonder if he’s ever heard of me, the Points Pups Intern here at TPG. Although I do more than just playing with the pups, like writing dog-friendly hotel reviews and managing the Points Pups Instagram, there are a few tips I have for the future MUTTS Puptern.
- Always carry treats. There’s no better way to get a pup’s attention. How else do you think I’m able to get four Frenchies to look at the camera all at once?
- Hand sanitizer will be your best friend. Seriously, don’t leave the house without it.
- Resist the puppy eyes. I found this out the hard way. Now, everyday Points Pup, Hootie, begs at my desk knowing that I’ll give in to his overindulgence in treats. If you’re going to spoil them, at least make sure they use their manners, sit and give a paw.
To apply for the MUTTS Puptern position, prospective candidates will need to post a photo or video to Instagram showing off their best puppy-petting skills by Nov. 12. The post must tag @muttscantina and include the hashtag #MUTTSpuptern. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and be free of any doggie-related allergies. The internship will be a temporary position during the fall semester.
Featured image courtesy The Dogist.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees