This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Calling all dog lovers! MUTTS Canine Cantina, a canine-friendly bar and restaurant with an off-leash dog park, is looking for a puppy-loving individual to take on the role as its first-ever Puptern. Mutts co-founder Kyle Noonan announced in a press release, “In this role, the Puptern will greet MUTTS members with a friendly face, while offering to play and pet with their dogs and that’s it — we Shih Tzu not!”
The restaurant, located in Fort Worth, Texas, is willing to pay the Puptern top dollar for their belly rubbing services. The lucky dog lover selected as the MUTTS Puptern will earn a sweet salary of $100 an hour. If that wasn’t enticing enough, the internship will also include free meals from the restaurant.
The Puptern will solely focus on playing with the pups, no poop scooping required. The cantina already employs “Bark Rangers” who do the dirty work, in addition to watching the dogs and supplying them with water.
“There aren’t many opportunities out there that pay interns to strictly play with dogs all day long,” Noonan said in the press release. The co-founder’s statement only makes me wonder if he’s ever heard of me, the Points Pups Intern here at TPG. Although I do more than just playing with the pups, like writing dog-friendly hotel reviews and managing the Points Pups Instagram, there are a few tips I have for the future MUTTS Puptern.
- Always carry treats. There’s no better way to get a pup’s attention. How else do you think I’m able to get four Frenchies to look at the camera all at once?
- Hand sanitizer will be your best friend. Seriously, don’t leave the house without it.
- Resist the puppy eyes. I found this out the hard way. Now, everyday Points Pup, Hootie, begs at my desk knowing that I’ll give in to his overindulgence in treats. If you’re going to spoil them, at least make sure they use their manners, sit and give a paw.
To apply for the MUTTS Puptern position, prospective candidates will need to post a photo or video to Instagram showing off their best puppy-petting skills by Nov. 12. The post must tag @muttscantina and include the hashtag #MUTTSpuptern. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and be free of any doggie-related allergies. The internship will be a temporary position during the fall semester.
Featured image courtesy The Dogist.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees