First Wave of Destination Hotels Integrated Into World of Hyatt With More to Come
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
World of Hyatt announced today (August 20) that the first wave of the Destination brand integration is in progress and is scheduled to be completed on September 10. Once this merge is complete, 50 hotels across the Thompson Hotels, Joie de Vivre, Alila and Destination brands (part of Two Roads Hospitality) will have joined the Hyatt portfolio, according to the chain.
The hotels scheduled to join World of Hyatt on August 20 are the Quirk Hotel in Richmond, Virginia, Motif Seattle in Washington State, Tempe Mission Palms Hotel & Conference Center in Arizona and The Carolina Inn in North Carolina. The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch in Arizona and Rizzo Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina will join on August 21. Two more hotels in Missouri and California will join on September 10.
In March, Hyatt announced the first wave of integration of Two Roads Hospitality properties, adding eight Thompson Hotels to the Hyatt brand. It also launched a promotion where you can earn 2,000 bonus points (up to 8,000 points total) after staying at one of the new brands, plus a free night when you try all four brands (Thompson Hotels, Joie de Vivre, Alila and Destination brands). Here’s a breakdown of each promotion:
- Bonus points: Members will earn 2,000 bonus points for their first qualifying stay at each of these new brands, worth $34 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. However, each stay must occur after the respective brand is integrated. These points are on top of what you’d normally earn after staying at a Hyatt property.
- Free night certificate: If you can complete at least one qualifying stay at all four brands, you’ll then earn a free night certificate valid at Hyatt Category 1-4 properties. This is identical to the annual free night you get from the World of Hyatt Credit Card with one key difference: It expires within 180 days of issuance, giving you a smaller window of time to use it.
Registration is not required for either promotion. Eligible stays begin when each brand joins World of Hyatt and are valid through December 31.
A big question TPG’s Ethan Steinberg posed last year was how World of Hyatt would assign award categories for the new hotels. Well, now we know. The eight hotels, which span six states, have been each been assigned between categories 2 through 4. For instance, Hotel De Anza, a boutique hotel in San Jose, CA, was assigned category 4.
For reference, Hyatt free night awards cost the following amount:
|Category||Points Per Night|
Last year, Hyatt acquired Two Roads Hospitality for a base price of $480 million. Two Roads managed brands such as Joie de Vivre Hotels, Thompson Hotels, Destination Hotels and Alila Hotels & Resorts, with 85+ properties in eight countries around the world.
Featured image courtesy of the Quirk Hotel
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees