Watch All of Airbus’ Planes Fly in Formation to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Formation flying is usually done by a few military jets, or, on special occasions, a couple widebody airliners, like South African Airways did last week. This time, to celebrate the aerospace giant’s 50th anniversary, Airbus flew passenger, military and cargo jets in formation in spectacular fashion.
— Airbus in the U.S (@AirbusInTheUS) May 29, 2019
The video is short, and with a dense cloud layer below, it’s difficult to fathom the scale of the undertaking, but Airbus pilots impressively flew aircraft from each of the manufacturer’s “in-production commercial jetliner families” alongside France’s Patrouille de France aerobatic demonstration team. This includes the A320 neo, A330 neo, A350, A380, A220 and even the A330-derived aircraft transporter to-be, the Beluga XL.
The gigantic scale of these airliners is hard to comprehend, and looks otherwise photoshopped. Rest assured, it’s not.
If you’re looking for more, head over the Airbus website. To celebrate the historic 50-year milestone, Airbus has been releasing photos and videos, and plans to continue doing so for the next week. You can also read our article tracing the history of the company in photos, highlighting its wild (and unexpected) rise to a global aerospace manufacturer. We’d recommend throwing on your AvGeek hat and diving in.
Featured image courtesy of S. Ramadier / Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.