Watch All of Airbus’ Planes Fly in Formation to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Formation flying is usually done by a few military jets, or, on special occasions, a couple widebody airliners, like South African Airways did last week. This time, to celebrate the aerospace giant’s 50th anniversary, Airbus flew passenger, military and cargo jets in formation in spectacular fashion.
— Airbus in the U.S (@AirbusInTheUS) May 29, 2019
The video is short, and with a dense cloud layer below, it’s difficult to fathom the scale of the undertaking, but Airbus pilots impressively flew aircraft from each of the manufacturer’s “in-production commercial jetliner families” alongside France’s Patrouille de France aerobatic demonstration team. This includes the A320 neo, A330 neo, A350, A380, A220 and even the A330-derived aircraft transporter to-be, the Beluga XL.
The gigantic scale of these airliners is hard to comprehend, and looks otherwise photoshopped. Rest assured, it’s not.
If you’re looking for more, head over the Airbus website. To celebrate the historic 50-year milestone, Airbus has been releasing photos and videos, and plans to continue doing so for the next week. You can also read our article tracing the history of the company in photos, highlighting its wild (and unexpected) rise to a global aerospace manufacturer. We’d recommend throwing on your AvGeek hat and diving in.
Featured image courtesy of S. Ramadier / Airbus
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees