Calling all Walt Disney World ticketholders: Reservations are disappearing quickly, so make yours now
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Unfortunate news for anyone hoping to book a last-minute trip to Walt Disney World. Reservations are booking up quickly.
The park reservation portal shows no reservation openings for theme park ticket holders from Easter weekend through April 9, 2021. And on April 10, only Epcot has availability.
Annual pass holders have a little more availability, but there isn’t a day that all parks are available until April 15 as of the time of writing. This is a trend that’s likely to continue as more Americans get the COVID-19 vaccine and hit the road.
As mentioned in our guide to Disney World’s new reservation system, ticket holders must also now make a reservation in order to get into the parks.
When Disney World reopened back in July 2020, it did so with new procedures that included the switch to a reservation system for ticket holders, resort guests and annual pass holders to help Disney maintain its 35% capacity limit. Previously, there was no such thing as making a reservation to enter the Disney theme parks.
Ticketholders can make a Disney World Park Pass reservation as soon as you have a theme park ticket or an annual pass for visits that start by Jan. 14, 2023.
Disney does make it easy to check out reservation availability with its calendar tool.
As more people get vaccinated and warmer weather marks the beginning of springtime, travel is on the rise — especially to popular domestic destinations.
A trip to Disney this spring is still possible, but you’ll want to do your best to plan early if you plan to hit up the more popular parks such as the Magic Kingdom. But if you’re willing to wait, you could potentially have the chance to check out new attractions slated to open later this year — such as a Ratatouille ride that will open on Oct. 1, 2021, for Disney World’s 50th-anniversary celebration.
Want to stay updated on all things Disney World? Make sure to sign up for our daily newsletter.
Featured image by Summer Hull/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees