Virgin Hotels Las Vegas opens next week, with 3 more to follow this year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The long-awaited Virgin Hotels Las Vegas finally opens next week, on Thursday, March 25.
The gigantic hotel, part of Hilton’s Curio Collection, will boast a 60,000-square-foot casino and over 1,500 rooms and was previously scheduled to open in January of this year.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
You can now book rooms from March 25 on, and introductory rates start from $128 per night, which comes to almost $150 after taxes and fees. On some weekend nights, rates exceed $300.
On some nights in April, rooms can be booked from 29,000 Honors points, though they can reach much higher than that on some weekend nights.
Following the Las Vegas property, Virgin Hotels will open its Downtown New Orleans property this summer. It will have more than 230 rooms as well as a rooftop pool and bar, a gym and conference spaces.
Finally, in the fall of this year, Virgin Hotels New York City will open in the NoMad district of Manhattan. It will feature about 500 rooms, the brand’s signature experience, Commons Club, “multiple food and beverage venues” and more.
Virgin Hotels has put its own playful spin on the hotels it has opened so far, just like it’s been known to do in other industries with Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Voyages. The chain focuses on its food-and-beverage program at each property, mixing this with musical and cultural elements to create spaces that belong uniquely to their city while providing a space for locals and guests to mingle together.
The Commons Club is present at each property and is supposed to feel like a members-only club, without having to pay for the membership. At Commons, patrons can work and have coffees by day and stay for post-work cocktails and socializing in the evening.
Inside its rooms (chambers in Virginspeak), guests can expect custom-designed beds with “ergonomic[ally] designed headboard[s]” and even a footrest for ultimate relaxation. All guest rooms are divided into two distinct areas that Virgin calls “The Dressing Room” and “The Lounge.”
The Dressing Room makes use of the space in the hallway to include a dressing room with full vanity, make-up desk and mirror and his-and-hers closets in the bathrooms. The Lounge is the rest of the guest room, where you can expect to find the bed, desk and chair, features extras like a yoga mat and Bluetooth audio tower, and more.
Though the brand is small right now, it has clear growth ambitions. In addition to the three 2021 openings it has planned, it will expand to Edinburgh, Scotland, in 2022, and Miami, Florida, in 2023.
Additional reporting by Melanie Lieberman.
Featured image of Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection courtesy of Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees