Virgin Hotels Las Vegas opens next week, with 3 more to follow this year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The long-awaited Virgin Hotels Las Vegas finally opens next week, on Thursday, March 25.
The gigantic hotel, part of Hilton’s Curio Collection, will boast a 60,000-square-foot casino and over 1,500 rooms and was previously scheduled to open in January of this year.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
You can now book rooms from March 25 on, and introductory rates start from $128 per night, which comes to almost $150 after taxes and fees. On some weekend nights, rates exceed $300.
On some nights in April, rooms can be booked from 29,000 Honors points, though they can reach much higher than that on some weekend nights.
Following the Las Vegas property, Virgin Hotels will open its Downtown New Orleans property this summer. It will have more than 230 rooms as well as a rooftop pool and bar, a gym and conference spaces.
Finally, in the fall of this year, Virgin Hotels New York City will open in the NoMad district of Manhattan. It will feature about 500 rooms, the brand’s signature experience, Commons Club, “multiple food and beverage venues” and more.
Virgin Hotels has put its own playful spin on the hotels it has opened so far, just like it’s been known to do in other industries with Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Voyages. The chain focuses on its food-and-beverage program at each property, mixing this with musical and cultural elements to create spaces that belong uniquely to their city while providing a space for locals and guests to mingle together.
The Commons Club is present at each property and is supposed to feel like a members-only club, without having to pay for the membership. At Commons, patrons can work and have coffees by day and stay for post-work cocktails and socializing in the evening.
Inside its rooms (chambers in Virginspeak), guests can expect custom-designed beds with “ergonomic[ally] designed headboard[s]” and even a footrest for ultimate relaxation. All guest rooms are divided into two distinct areas that Virgin calls “The Dressing Room” and “The Lounge.”
The Dressing Room makes use of the space in the hallway to include a dressing room with full vanity, make-up desk and mirror and his-and-hers closets in the bathrooms. The Lounge is the rest of the guest room, where you can expect to find the bed, desk and chair, features extras like a yoga mat and Bluetooth audio tower, and more.
Though the brand is small right now, it has clear growth ambitions. In addition to the three 2021 openings it has planned, it will expand to Edinburgh, Scotland, in 2022, and Miami, Florida, in 2023.
Additional reporting by Melanie Lieberman.
Featured image of Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, Curio Collection courtesy of Hilton
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.