Video: TPG Visits the Scottish Countryside and Reviews The Gleneagles Hotel
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Two words: warm towels. And not the tiny hot towels you get on airplanes, either — big, fluffy, warm towels long enough for a 6’7” person. That’s a major plus for a hotel!
In this week’s episode of “Being The Points Guy,” Brian checks into The Gleneagles Hotel in Auchterarder, Scotland. Known for its sprawling fields of green, stunning castle-like exterior and fantastic food, it’s a hit pretty much all around. We could hardly come up with any “downs” when it came to rating this hotel. Oh — and it’s also home to the perfect breakfast sandwich.
While it’s not a points hotel, it is a part of the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts program, available to cardholders of The Platinum Card® from American Express or any Centurion Cards. This will score you 5x Membership Rewards points for booking, and wonderful perks.
Brian and company also embarked on a “country pursuit.” And it didn’t involve any golf. Check it out below — and don’t forget to subscribe at the bottom of the page!
Enjoy this video? Check back in with us for more episodes of “Being The Points Guy” every Thursday. And if you’ve fallen behind, catch up here.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.