Video: Delta’s First Airbus A220 Completes Milestone Test Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following a short delay for the stars to perfectly align, Delta’s first Airbus A220 has completed its first official test flight in the airline’s livery. The aircraft formerly known as the Bombardier C Series took to Canadian skies on Saturday, completing a three-hour test flight in Mirabel, Quebec, after finishing up its time in the paint shop last month. We already had a few photos to gawk at, but the big surprise here is the motif on the underbelly, leaving no doubt as to the carrier associated with this particular plane.
Delta didn’t share too many details about the flight beyond that, but suffice it to say everything went well enough to boast about its completion. As a reminder, Delta Air Lines will be the first US airline to take delivery of the A220. Per Delta’s own description, the aircraft will “feature a modern interior with a spacious, widebody feel, and best-in-class fuel performance.”
The move is part of a larger strategy play which will see Delta upgrade its domestic fleet to replace less-efficient aircraft with highly efficient birds like the A220 as well as new Boeing 737-900ERs, Airbus A321s, Airbus A350s, the Airbus A330-900neo and the Airbus A321neo.
Next up for Delta’s first A220 is a trip back to the assembly line where it will undergo “pre-delivery testing and installation of its state-of-the-art interior” before flying paying passengers from point to point beginning in early 2019.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees