Video: Delta’s First Airbus A220 Completes Milestone Test Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following a short delay for the stars to perfectly align, Delta’s first Airbus A220 has completed its first official test flight in the airline’s livery. The aircraft formerly known as the Bombardier C Series took to Canadian skies on Saturday, completing a three-hour test flight in Mirabel, Quebec, after finishing up its time in the paint shop last month. We already had a few photos to gawk at, but the big surprise here is the motif on the underbelly, leaving no doubt as to the carrier associated with this particular plane.
Delta didn’t share too many details about the flight beyond that, but suffice it to say everything went well enough to boast about its completion. As a reminder, Delta Air Lines will be the first US airline to take delivery of the A220. Per Delta’s own description, the aircraft will “feature a modern interior with a spacious, widebody feel, and best-in-class fuel performance.”
The move is part of a larger strategy play which will see Delta upgrade its domestic fleet to replace less-efficient aircraft with highly efficient birds like the A220 as well as new Boeing 737-900ERs, Airbus A321s, Airbus A350s, the Airbus A330-900neo and the Airbus A321neo.
Next up for Delta’s first A220 is a trip back to the assembly line where it will undergo “pre-delivery testing and installation of its state-of-the-art interior” before flying paying passengers from point to point beginning in early 2019.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.