Additional Vegas casinos are no longer requiring masks for fully vaccinated guests
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This piece has been updated with additional information.
The good news keeps rolling for Las Vegas.
A day after Nevada’s biggest casinos were cleared to return to 100% capacity and get rid of social distancing, the state says fully vaccinated people no longer have to wear a mask in most indoor and outdoor settings. This policy, effective immediately, follows the CDC’s relaxing of indoor mask-wearing guidelines for anyone who is fully vaccinated.
Already, some of the biggest casinos on the Vegas Strip have announced they will no longer require guests or employees to wear masks on their properties. The Nevada Gaming Control Board has not directed casinos to require proof of vaccinations for anyone removing their masks indoors. At the same time, the Board has not prohibited casinos from asking for this information from guests if individual casinos wish to do so.
Wynn Las Vegas issued a statement Thursday declaring masks are no longer required for fully vaccinated people at its two resorts. As of this writing, the Vegas Strip casinos where guests and workers who are fully vaccinated no longer have to wear masks are:
- Wynn Las Vegas
- The Cosmopolitan
MGM Resorts released a different policy, stating that fully vaccinated guests are exempt from mask-wearing both indoors and outdoors but employees are not.
Don’t throw away your masks just yet, however. Remember, you still have to wear a mask on airplanes and any form of public transportation in the U.S. through at least September 13. Also, businesses in Nevada are free to still require masks on their premises. Some Vegas-area restaurants and store operators say they will continue to keep mask-wearing mandates in place for customers and employees for the time being. Given that Nevada does not require private businesses to confirm a person’s vaccination status, the Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce actually recommends local businesses continue to enforce mask-wearing.
“Not every employee or customer may be vaccinated, so we urge businesses to play it safe by continuing to require mask-wearing,” chamber President and CEO Mary Beth Sewald said in a statement.
Featured image by: Daniel Slim /Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees