United Makes It Easier to Track Status Progress in Mobile App
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
While United Airlines usually leads the industry with its mobile app, this time the carrier’s playing catch-up. As of this week, the United app sports a handy new elite-credit tracker, making it easy to see how far you’ve come (and have yet to go) towards qualifying for status — either for the first time, or yet again.
To pull it up, all you need to do is hit your name on the app’s homepage and sign in to MileagePlus — Your Premier Activity should appear below your redeemable mileage balance, current status level and other stats.
As I mentioned, United’s hardly on the edge of innovation here — American’s arguably limited mobile app offers a nearly identical tracker as well, complete with very similar progress wheels.
Delta’s app uses a more traditional progress bar, but you have access to the same information here, in addition to your credit card spend — including a crazy-high $250,000 target to earn a waiver for top-tier Diamond.
As for how much value you’ll actually be able to squeeze out of that hard-earned status? Well, we’ve got you covered there, too, with:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.