United Polaris passengers can now access the Alaska lounge at JFK
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Since United Airlines returned to New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) earlier this year, the carrier has been flying just two routes out of Terminal 7: JFK to Los Angeles (LAX) and JFK to San Francisco (SFO) on the posh Boeing 767-300ER. (Starting Oct. 5 United will switch over to the Boeing 757-200.)
While United operates lounges at both LAX and SFO, there isn’t a United lounge at JFK.
This all changes as United business passengers now have complimentary access to the Alaska Lounge at Terminal 7 — a huge improvement from no lounge access whatsoever.
While not as fancy as United’s Polaris lounge in SFO, the space is definitely in the upper tier when it comes to domestic lounges.
As first reported when the lounge opened in 2018, the space features large floor-to-ceiling windows that envelop the entire lounge with views of runway 31R and Terminal 5. There’s plenty of seating throughout the space and loads of power outlets. The food and beverage offerings are great for being a smaller lounge, including a coffee bar.
This Alaska lounge was closed throughout most of the pandemic, but it has since reopened and will now be accessible to those flying United Polaris.
Note that if you’re a Priority Pass member, you can also enter the Alaska Lounge in JFK’s Terminal 7.
Lounge access is only available two hours before a scheduled flight departure. The current hours are 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. daily., and the only day the lounge is closed is on Christmas Day (Dec. 25).
Featured photo by Brendan Dorsey for The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees