United plans to roll out 3D photos of aircraft interiors on seat map page
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Want to know what your seat will actually look like on your next flight?
Starting Saturday, United Airlines will add 3D images of aircraft interiors to its seat map page.
That means you can see if there is a window missing in a row, how much legroom seats have, if there are seatback TVs and if the aircraft’s interior has been updated or not.
United didn’t provide many details about this new feature, but showed a quick photo of it to reporters gathered in Chicago for the airline’s first media day in recent memory.
Linda Jojo, the airline’s chief information officer, said the 3D view will start on the new Bombardier CRJ550 and roll out to the rest of the fleet “pretty fast — by the end of the year.”
In follow-up questions, she said it would show both refreshed interiors and those waiting renovations. In other words: passengers will be able to tell if their specific plane has been updated or not.
No other U.S. airline has such a feature.
Learn more from Linda Jojo and what her team has been up to on the Talking Points podcast.
Featured photo by Scott Mayerowitz/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.