United Rolls Out New Polaris Business-Class Pajamas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yeah, I know — getting pajamas on an airplane is a luxury; a very nice perk, any way you look at it. And, right now, United Airlines offers some of my favorite business-class PJs in the skies. They’re so comfy that I also wear them at home, and they’ve held up after countless washes. If you don’t yet have a set, though, you’re going to want to track some down sooner than later.
As Skift’s Brian Sumers reports on Twitter, those popular Polaris PJs will soon get a “new look” — it’s not an improvement, if you ask me.
An airline spokesperson didn’t offer much detail about the design change, beyond saying that “They are from the same manufacturer but an updated design, with the Polaris logo on the back of the top. The PJs will remain gray in color with blue accents.” United didn’t have a picture to offer at the time of this report, though you can see them fairly clearly in Brian’s post above. The new pajamas may also be smaller than the current ones, since they will be closer to European rather than American sizes.
Personally, I loved the darker gray color of the current set, along with the blue accent around the neck and the tastefully small United logo up front. The new logo is relatively gigantic, and moving it to the back feels like an odd choice. Comfort is what’s most important, though, and I’m hopeful that the quality remains unchanged, especially since the airline confirmed it’s using the same manufacturer.
United is currently working through a “soft cutover,” which means you should expect to see these popping up very soon — perhaps even on flights this month. I’d keep my fingers crossed for the older version, though.
Featured image by Zach Honig/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.