United Rolls Out New Polaris Business-Class Pajamas
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yeah, I know — getting pajamas on an airplane is a luxury; a very nice perk, any way you look at it. And, right now, United Airlines offers some of my favorite business-class PJs in the skies. They’re so comfy that I also wear them at home, and they’ve held up after countless washes. If you don’t yet have a set, though, you’re going to want to track some down sooner than later.
As Skift’s Brian Sumers reports on Twitter, those popular Polaris PJs will soon get a “new look” — it’s not an improvement, if you ask me.
An airline spokesperson didn’t offer much detail about the design change, beyond saying that “They are from the same manufacturer but an updated design, with the Polaris logo on the back of the top. The PJs will remain gray in color with blue accents.” United didn’t have a picture to offer at the time of this report, though you can see them fairly clearly in Brian’s post above. The new pajamas may also be smaller than the current ones, since they will be closer to European rather than American sizes.
Personally, I loved the darker gray color of the current set, along with the blue accent around the neck and the tastefully small United logo up front. The new logo is relatively gigantic, and moving it to the back feels like an odd choice. Comfort is what’s most important, though, and I’m hopeful that the quality remains unchanged, especially since the airline confirmed it’s using the same manufacturer.
United is currently working through a “soft cutover,” which means you should expect to see these popping up very soon — perhaps even on flights this month. I’d keep my fingers crossed for the older version, though.
Featured image by Zach Honig/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees