United Airlines adds Milwaukee flights for Election 2020
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The country may be months away from knowing who the Democratic nominee for president is but pollsters in Los Angeles, New York and Washington now have more ways to get to the party’s convention in Milwaukee this July.
United Airlines will add one-time flights between Milwaukee (MKE) and Los Angeles (LAX), New York LaGuardia (LGA), Washington Dulles (IAD) and Washington Reagan National (DCA), according to Cirium schedules. The flights will operate to Milwaukee on July 11 and 12, and from the convention host city on July 17. The Democratic convention is scheduled for July 13-16.
American Airlines will also operate one-time convention-goer flights between Milwaukee and Washington National. Southwest Airlines is the only carrier that has regular flights between Washington — both Baltimore/Washington (BWI) and National airports — and Milwaukee.
Politics may be known for strange bedfellows, but it is apparently good for business too.
United’s one-time flights to Milwaukee are:
- Los Angeles: one flight on a Boeing 737-800 on July 12
- New York LaGuardia: one flight on a 737-700 on July 11, and two flights on an Airbus A319 and A320 on July 12
- Washington Dulles: one flight on a 737-700 on July 12
- Washington National: one flight on an A319 on July 11, and two flights on an A319 and A320 on July 12
The airline’s one-time flights from Milwaukee on July 17 are:
- Los Angeles: one flight on a 737-900ER
- New York LaGuardia: three flights on A319s
- Washington Dulles: one flight on an A319
- Washington National: three flights on A319s and a 737-700
United will also add a second daily flight to Milwaukee from its San Francisco (SFO) hub for two daily on July 12, and a return to San Fransisco on July 17, Cirium shows.
Tickets for the all of the flights are on sale.
Airlines have yet to schedule any one-time routes to the Republican National Convention in Charlotte (CLT) from Aug. 24-27. However, the city is the second largest hub for American whereas Milwaukee lacks a hub carrier.
The Milwaukee flights are not United’s first Election 2020 additions. The carrier also added a one-time flight to Des Moines (DSM) from Washington National on Feb. 1 with a return on Feb. 4 for pols headed to the Iowa Caucus that was held on Feb. 3.
Featured image by Robert Alexander/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees