Uber Eats Testing Delivery Program in Toronto Pearson Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Next time you’re traveling through Toronto you might have a new dining option in your terminal. That’s because Uber Eats, Toronto Pearson and HMSHost have partnered to bring Uber Eats delivery to Toronto Pearson Airport’s (YYZ) Terminal 3.
Deliveries are set to begin in the third quarter of 2019 to gates B22–B41 and C30–C36 in Terminal 3. Travelers in Terminal 3 will be able to order food from HMSHost restaurants including Caplansky’s Deli, Paramount Fine Foods, Smoke’s Burritorie, Smashburger or Fionn MacCools for delivery.
“Uber Eats’ partnership with Toronto Pearson is a perfect example of how our platform is creating unique experiences in unexpected places, beyond rides,” said Marcus Womack, Head of Global Airport Products at Uber, in a statement. “We’re making the dining experience a more convenient part of travel, in one of the world’s most innovative airports, one meal at a time.”
As for the airport, Scott Collier, Vice President, Customer and Terminal Services at the Greater Toronto Airports Authority, expressed his excitement about the new addition to Terminal 3. “We . . . received the Most Improved Airport in North America recognition, and this innovative partnership with Uber Eats and HMSHost, unlike among airports worldwide, underscores our commitment to continued innovation in passenger service,” said Collier.
TPG reached out to Uber to find out if this addition to Uber Eats’ platform will be expanded. The company said Uber Eats’ expansion to YYZ is a pilot program at the one airport for now, however, the company is “always looking for opportunities to better serve [its] customers.”
Uber Eats isn’t the first company to offer food delivery to airports. The app AtYourGate has introduced a very similar service at airports including Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) last September and New York-LaGuardia International Airport (LGA) last December, as well as four other US airports.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Photo by Roberto Machado Noa/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees