Uber Eats Testing Delivery Program in Toronto Pearson Airport
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Next time you’re traveling through Toronto you might have a new dining option in your terminal. That’s because Uber Eats, Toronto Pearson and HMSHost have partnered to bring Uber Eats delivery to Toronto Pearson Airport’s (YYZ) Terminal 3.
Deliveries are set to begin in the third quarter of 2019 to gates B22–B41 and C30–C36 in Terminal 3. Travelers in Terminal 3 will be able to order food from HMSHost restaurants including Caplansky’s Deli, Paramount Fine Foods, Smoke’s Burritorie, Smashburger or Fionn MacCools for delivery.
“Uber Eats’ partnership with Toronto Pearson is a perfect example of how our platform is creating unique experiences in unexpected places, beyond rides,” said Marcus Womack, Head of Global Airport Products at Uber, in a statement. “We’re making the dining experience a more convenient part of travel, in one of the world’s most innovative airports, one meal at a time.”
As for the airport, Scott Collier, Vice President, Customer and Terminal Services at the Greater Toronto Airports Authority, expressed his excitement about the new addition to Terminal 3. “We . . . received the Most Improved Airport in North America recognition, and this innovative partnership with Uber Eats and HMSHost, unlike among airports worldwide, underscores our commitment to continued innovation in passenger service,” said Collier.
TPG reached out to Uber to find out if this addition to Uber Eats’ platform will be expanded. The company said Uber Eats’ expansion to YYZ is a pilot program at the one airport for now, however, the company is “always looking for opportunities to better serve [its] customers.”
Uber Eats isn’t the first company to offer food delivery to airports. The app AtYourGate has introduced a very similar service at airports including Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) last September and New York-LaGuardia International Airport (LGA) last December, as well as four other US airports.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Photo by Roberto Machado Noa/LightRocket via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.