You Can Now Order Delivery at LaGuardia Thanks to AtYourGate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Founded in 2015, AtYourGate is the first ever airport delivery service, allowing passengers who have cleared security to order food via an app and have it delivered right to their gate.
To use AtYourGate, passengers must download the app (App Store/Play Store) and select the restaurant from which they want to order and where they want their order delivered. It’s quite simple and most resembles UberEats or Postmates but within the confines of the secured airport terminal.
The delivery service originally launched in early 2018 at San Diego International Airport (SAN). Now, the service is available at four major airports across the United States, having just recently launched at New York-LaGuardia International Airport (LGA). The app’s co-founder, Chris Hartman, believes the infamous New York City airport is the perfect airport for the delivery service.
During my visit to LaGuardia’s new concourse on opening day, I came across an AtYourGate representative. That representative just so happened to be Hartman. Hartman was understandably upbeat and enthusiastic as the opening day of the new concourse meant it was opening day for the next AtYourGate location. Amongst the busy backdrop of LaGuardia’s new concourse, Hartman and I conversed about the service and why LGA is the perfect airport for the service.
If your travels have yet to bring you to LGA, congratulations. You aren’t missing much. To put it briefly, the airport is not ideal for the post-9/11 era. There are three terminals — Terminals A, B, and C — none of which are connected post-security. Though rare, if you are connecting on multiple airlines, you will have to exit security upon arrival and then re-clear security to access your departure gate. Even if your travels limit you to a single terminal, you can only access a dozen or so gates frpm every TSA checkpoint. This is where AtYourGate shines.
Take the example of arriving at Terminal B/Concourse D, Gate D5. Maybe you’ve lucked out and your connecting gate is D11. While this means you won’t have to leave security or take a shuttle to another concourse to access your connecting gate, the restaurants in each concourse at LaGuardia’s Terminal B are extremely limited.
AtYourGate delivery reps can leave and reclear the security checkpoints as often as they want. So, for example, you could have Shake Shack delivered from the new concourse all the way to Gate D5 and you don’t even have to leave security. Not only do you not have to leave security, but you don’t even have to leave your gate.
As convenient as this will be for passengers, the delivery service has not yet been given the green light to operate at every terminal or concourse at the airport. AtYourGate is only available at the new concourse (Gates 40-59). This means Shake Shack is still off-limits to someone departing from Concourse D or C. However, Hartman noted that once the airport gives AtYourGate the green light to serve Terminal B in its entirety, passengers traveling through will finally have access to almost every restaurant in any concourse.
The complicated layout is one of the reasons AtYourGate loves LGA — the same reason why passengers might dislike the NYC airport.
Hartman noted that Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Washington-National (DCA) are the airports AtYourGate is working to serve in the future. For now, passengers traveling through Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP), Newark (EWR), New York-LaGuardia (LGA) and San Diego International Airport (SAN) can access the AtYourGate delivery service.
Featured image via Max Prosperi/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.