You Can Now Order Delivery at LaGuardia Thanks to AtYourGate
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Founded in 2015, AtYourGate is the first ever airport delivery service, allowing passengers who have cleared security to order food via an app and have it delivered right to their gate.
To use AtYourGate, passengers must download the app (App Store/Play Store) and select the restaurant from which they want to order and where they want their order delivered. It’s quite simple and most resembles UberEats or Postmates but within the confines of the secured airport terminal.
The delivery service originally launched in early 2018 at San Diego International Airport (SAN). Now, the service is available at four major airports across the United States, having just recently launched at New York-LaGuardia International Airport (LGA). The app’s co-founder, Chris Hartman, believes the infamous New York City airport is the perfect airport for the delivery service.
During my visit to LaGuardia’s new concourse on opening day, I came across an AtYourGate representative. That representative just so happened to be Hartman. Hartman was understandably upbeat and enthusiastic as the opening day of the new concourse meant it was opening day for the next AtYourGate location. Amongst the busy backdrop of LaGuardia’s new concourse, Hartman and I conversed about the service and why LGA is the perfect airport for the service.
If your travels have yet to bring you to LGA, congratulations. You aren’t missing much. To put it briefly, the airport is not ideal for the post-9/11 era. There are three terminals — Terminals A, B, and C — none of which are connected post-security. Though rare, if you are connecting on multiple airlines, you will have to exit security upon arrival and then re-clear security to access your departure gate. Even if your travels limit you to a single terminal, you can only access a dozen or so gates frpm every TSA checkpoint. This is where AtYourGate shines.
Take the example of arriving at Terminal B/Concourse D, Gate D5. Maybe you’ve lucked out and your connecting gate is D11. While this means you won’t have to leave security or take a shuttle to another concourse to access your connecting gate, the restaurants in each concourse at LaGuardia’s Terminal B are extremely limited.
AtYourGate delivery reps can leave and reclear the security checkpoints as often as they want. So, for example, you could have Shake Shack delivered from the new concourse all the way to Gate D5 and you don’t even have to leave security. Not only do you not have to leave security, but you don’t even have to leave your gate.
As convenient as this will be for passengers, the delivery service has not yet been given the green light to operate at every terminal or concourse at the airport. AtYourGate is only available at the new concourse (Gates 40-59). This means Shake Shack is still off-limits to someone departing from Concourse D or C. However, Hartman noted that once the airport gives AtYourGate the green light to serve Terminal B in its entirety, passengers traveling through will finally have access to almost every restaurant in any concourse.
The complicated layout is one of the reasons AtYourGate loves LGA — the same reason why passengers might dislike the NYC airport.
Hartman noted that Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and Washington-National (DCA) are the airports AtYourGate is working to serve in the future. For now, passengers traveling through Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP), Newark (EWR), New York-LaGuardia (LGA) and San Diego International Airport (SAN) can access the AtYourGate delivery service.
Featured image via Max Prosperi/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees