Pack Your Swimsuit: The TWA Hotel Pool Is Finally Open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After a nearly two-week delay, the rooftop pool at the TWA Hotel at New York-JFK is officially open. The pool was originally slated to be ready for the hotel’s grand opening on May 15. However, with construction still on-going, the first guests to stay at the TWA Hotel were unable to go for a swim as planned and instead could only catch a glimpse of the iconic pool.
According to the hotel, the pool area officially opened on Monday, May 27, with the grand opening that evening. Additional construction, pre-emptive maintenance, and severe weather temporarily closed the pool and rooftop bar temporarily during the week however. The pool, which can be heated to 100 degrees and turned into a pool-cuzzi in colder months, will remain open year-round.
Located on the top floor of the Hughes Wing tower, the infinity pool boasts stunning panoramic views of New York-JFK Airport including Terminal 4, 5 and runway 22R/4L. According to the hotel’s website, it features a beach entry, underwater seating, and a “gleaming TWA logo mosaic in the signature colors of gold and red.” Guests can go for a dip, enjoy drinks from The Pool Bar such as The Runway (a martini served with a flight wings pin), and take in unbeatable views of departing and arriving aircraft.
The good news is it’s not just guests who can enjoy the rooftop pool and observation deck — both are open to the public. Any non-guest must make reservations in advance at The Pool Bar via the hotel’s website to be admitted. Non-guest reservations are available in increments of 2 hours.
The pool is open to hotel guests from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m., and 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. for non-hotel guests. Hotel guests are allowed one guest, and there is a $25 fee per additional guest. If you are looking to stay at the TWA Hotel, rates start at just $224 for an overnight stay or $149 for day stays.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Brendan Dorsey/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.