Pack Your Swimsuit: The TWA Hotel Pool Is Finally Open
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
After a nearly two-week delay, the rooftop pool at the TWA Hotel at New York-JFK is officially open. The pool was originally slated to be ready for the hotel’s grand opening on May 15. However, with construction still on-going, the first guests to stay at the TWA Hotel were unable to go for a swim as planned and instead could only catch a glimpse of the iconic pool.
According to the hotel, the pool area officially opened on Monday, May 27, with the grand opening that evening. Additional construction, pre-emptive maintenance, and severe weather temporarily closed the pool and rooftop bar temporarily during the week however. The pool, which can be heated to 100 degrees and turned into a pool-cuzzi in colder months, will remain open year-round.
Located on the top floor of the Hughes Wing tower, the infinity pool boasts stunning panoramic views of New York-JFK Airport including Terminal 4, 5 and runway 22R/4L. According to the hotel’s website, it features a beach entry, underwater seating, and a “gleaming TWA logo mosaic in the signature colors of gold and red.” Guests can go for a dip, enjoy drinks from The Pool Bar such as The Runway (a martini served with a flight wings pin), and take in unbeatable views of departing and arriving aircraft.
The good news is it’s not just guests who can enjoy the rooftop pool and observation deck — both are open to the public. Any non-guest must make reservations in advance at The Pool Bar via the hotel’s website to be admitted. Non-guest reservations are available in increments of 2 hours.
The pool is open to hotel guests from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m., and 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. for non-hotel guests. Hotel guests are allowed one guest, and there is a $25 fee per additional guest. If you are looking to stay at the TWA Hotel, rates start at just $224 for an overnight stay or $149 for day stays.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Brendan Dorsey/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees