This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TSA PreCheck continues to make itself more valuable for travelers by adding additional airlines to the program. On Wednesday, the Transportation Security Administration announced that it’s adding an additional six international airlines.
The six new partnering airlines include:
- Air Serbia
- Condor Airlines
- Porter Airlines
- Scandinavian Airlines
- Thomas Cook Airlines (UK)
- Thomas Cook Airlines (Scandinavia)
With Wednesday’s announcement, a total of 52 domestic and international airlines offer PreCheck as an option to passengers. All of the major US carriers now participate in the program, which offers expedited screening, including not needing to remove shoes and laptops from bags, at more than 200 airports around the country. Some US territories, such as Puerto Rico and Guam, also offer PreCheck for eligible passengers.
While there are many airlines that now offer PreCheck to passengers departing the US, there are still some exceptions, such as if your boarding pass is tagged with the dreaded Secondary Security Screening Selection (SSSS). That being said, PreCheck is worth having — especially knowing that it comes for free with a fee credit from several credit cards.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards